Coronavirus

KARNUT

I really do love to watch you think. Especially when you cluster post. I get to watch this process unfold. Why might you say do I take such joy in this? Because a thinking human being seems to be a rare thing!! Thanks KARNUT! 

Sometimes it gives me a headache. It really hard for me to type. I can’t keep up with my thoughts. It comes out of fear. Or anger. This whole episode is like watching the twilight zone. It doesn’t make sense yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, KARNUT said:

Certain governors have limited what you can buy in an open store. Can’t buy garden supplies, really? The worst is yet to come. I’d don’t mean health related. 

Is that the Michigan Governor that you're referencing?  She's taken it too far and those restrictions are beyond reasonable.  I plan on getting some gardening supplies today.  

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, KARNUT said:

Sometimes it gives me a headache. It really hard for me to type. I can’t keep up with my thoughts. It comes out of fear. Or anger. This whole episode is like watching the twilight zone. It doesn’t make sense yet.

Fear? Anger? That's just good sense bother. Distance is the immediate cure. Your doing that already. Beyond that this came to mind:

John 8:31,32 reads: 

So Jesus said to the Jews that had believed him “If you remain in my words you are really disciples of mine and shall know the truth, and the truth will set you free.”

Now he was speaking about freedom from slavery to false teachings but the principle is solid. How can this principle be used in a situation like this one? 

While you think about that give thanks you have the good sense to have the proper respect for something that can cause harm. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, graystonelbz said:

The peaceful protests will soon become violent and neighbors will be at each others necks. Buckle up communists, it's going to be a bumpy road.

We have seen it exactly the opposite of that in Alberta. I don't think I have seen friends helping friends and neighbors like we are right now. Maybe from being locked up but I have spoken to neighbors that I have not spoken to in years. And the store people seem so grateful that you have come in to buy something and help them get through. 

• Like 2

17 hours ago, Grumpy Bear said:

Wife is a glass is completely full girl and sees sunshine everywhere. Here's a few: 

1.) Animals are loving this. I expect the same feeling Native Americans would have had if Europeans would have went home. 

2.) Crime is way down in most places. (Chicago is always out of step.) 

3.) Gas pricing (Mr. Peabody and the Way Back Machine) 

4.) Smog. Boy is the earth happy right now. Is that REAL fresh air?  

5.) 5 O' Clock traffic is light.

6.) No one has crossed the center line watching their phone in awhile.

7.) I'm actually a pretty good cook. Who knew, right?

8.) Working from home is way more productive and allot less stressful. Less gas, fewer maintenance trips, yada-yada. 

9.) Cost allot less to eat in and way better food.

10.) Sales people haven't been to the door in a few months.

11.) Garbage mail is way down.

12.) Yard has never looked better.

13.) Is this what a clean house looks like? Wow...nice.

14.) Can you wash the paint off a truck? Shiny. 

15.) I get to work in my jam-jams.

16.) Neighbors are minding their own business. Cool.

17.) That book is better than the movie.  

I was wondering if I can continue working from home after things open up. I'm enjoying it so far. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Turd Ferguson said:

Small sample size of 3300 but makes sense that there would be more cases than they thought.  Now, 85x more as the article suggests....that's a bit more shocking.

5 hours ago, Ithan Henry said:

Is that the Michigan Governor that you're referencing?  She's taken it too far and those restrictions are beyond reasonable.  I plan on getting some gardening supplies today.  

Our Michigan Governor is being a real over reaching jerk. She's way over her head and trying to get the VP pick with Biden. She will not get that and she will be a one term governor after this. She was voted in by the Detroit, Flint, and Ann Arbor libs, right where all the hot spots are. I'm sure she will extend the May 1st executive order, but I'm going back to work the next day regardless..

• Like 1

I got a call from my brother in law. He’s worked for the same company for over 30 years. He started at the bottom and is a licensed in the field oil pipe inspector. Mid 6 figure salary. There’s a two year glut of oil above ground at the moment. Mainly thanks to the bug. Some over production. He’s bien sweating. Just a few months ago he was real deep in the potential lay offs. The meeting came today. He relieved. The verdict. He comes off the field to a plant 100 miles from home. He’s now an hourly employe at half pay. A fifteen year set back. The only other option is a new career. Its gonna hit the fan.

Wisconsin extends Shelter in Place to May 26. People plan a protest in the midst of a rising death rate. 

Watching Cuomo and Trump is enough entertainment to hold me for the duration. 

Forget whos wrong or right. Trump is the knife in that verbal gunfight.

Cuomo is a very articulate speaker.

Bet he was debate Captain 

Saw Texas Governor Abbot today. First time.

He reminds me somewhat of Bush Sr in general looks and manor.

He also seemed hyperaware. Like a rabbit too close to the fox.

Or a public to close to...….

New York taking first steps in exit.

Only state in the Union with a declining death rate

0.9 R-0

Upper limit his team is using is 1.2 R-0

Dinner time me thinks

:cheers:

59 minutes ago, KARNUT said:

I got a call from my brother in law. He’s worked for the same company for over 30 years. He started at the bottom and is a licensed in the field oil pipe inspector. Mid 6 figure salary. There’s a two year glut of oil above ground at the moment. Mainly thanks to the bug. Some over production. He’s bien sweating. Just a few months ago he was real deep in the potential lay offs. The meeting came today. He relieved. The verdict. He comes off the field to a plant 100 miles from home. He’s now an hourly employe at half pay. A fifteen year set back. The only other option is a new career. Its gonna hit the fan.

This is going to ruin lives and probably an entire generation of people. No need to re-open Colleges anytime in the near future, there won't be any jobs for the current graduating class for probably 4 to 5 years. People will be fighting over jobs that they never dreamed they would be doing. Homes lost, retiree's once again forced back into the workplace doing ****** jobs. Taxes will be insane in the foreseeable future to pay for all these trillions being spent. Printing money isn't the solution here, and the fact that it's running 24/7 should scare all of us.

• Like 1

This is going to ruin lives and probably an entire generation of people. No need to re-open Colleges anytime in the near future, there won't be any jobs for the current graduating class for probably 4 to 5 years. People will be fighting over jobs that they never dreamed they would be doing. Homes lost, retiree's once again forced back into the workplace doing ****** jobs. Taxes will be insane in the foreseeable future to pay for all these trillions being spent. Printing money isn't the solution here, and the fact that it's running 24/7 should scare all of us.

There’s probably scores of people retired on pensions that think there’re safe. Cities, countries, states, as well as big companies. And then the letter comes. We have to cut your payments. My brother in law never had a pay cut in 30 years. Until now. With this anything is possible. The next thing will be inflation. The chorus will get real loud. Tell the at risk to stay home. Wear a mask, go to work.