This is stupid

disneybaker

Whether the response is appropriate or not, only time will tell. I have my early guess.

I now get to figure out how to watch two children and still hold down a job. I don't have 2.5 months of sick time to use.

I just hope they open up child care sooner than June.

I just read you can get 2 months of pay at 2/3 your rate, paid family leave if you have sick ones at home or if it’s school related

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

I agree with annual flu shots, even more now that I'm a senior.  A friend of mine keeps Q-tips handy for those times when you don't want to touch your face. I do the same as you with my glasses. Sanitizer after filling up is a great reminder!.

I will not get a flu shot, have a friend that got a flu shot, it gave him MS, he did get a 1/2 mill settlement from it but is it really worth it

• Confused 1

I will not get a flu shot, have a friend that got a flu shot, it gave him MS, he did get a 1/2 mill settlement from it but is it really worth it

What!?

5 hours ago, disneybaker said:

I am sorry about your friend and obviously there  is a lot more to your story.  Flu vaccines can be controversial and there are many myths.  Most have proven to be invalid and those remaining won't discourage me from continuing to receive an annual injection. I'm sure if a close friend of mine had a proven tragic reaction my feelings would be swayed!    Like this current pandemic, you need to be vigilant in gathering information.  I am sure that once a vaccine is developed specifically for Covid 19,  it will be a hard sell for many.  As an aside,  I knew a middle aged adult, tough as nails, who would find any excuse to avoid injections.  At one point he was receiving a lot of peer and family pressure to get a flu shot.  It turned out that it was the shot itself he was afraid to receive.  Once his fear was addressed, the advantages of a vaccine proved faviourable!  

• Like 1

On 3/17/2020 at 7:27 PM, 508gm1 said:

That seems a little premature. 

Avoiding big crowds, unnecessary social outings & washings hands frequently & PROPERLY seems like the only rational things to do right now.

Unsubscribe to the panic, let common sense prevail. Take some time off if you can, watch the boob tube & read some books.

Perspective is important; around 300,000 Americans die prematurely each year due to obesity. Not hardly a whisper about that sad statistic. 

This. I stopped getting on FB on Wednesday because all the shared fake news and panic. 

• Like 1

This. I stopped getting on FB on Wednesday because all the shared fake news and panic. 

A famous president once said when ask. What happens if the elderly overwhelmed the system with their care. Sometimes we’ll have to give them a pill and send them home. A recent president says the hell with that. You all stay home. No one blink an eye with the first statement when Obama said it. Imagine if this one said it.

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/17/2020 at 4:09 PM, disneybaker said:

They just cancel school for the rest of the year in Kansas becuase 16 SIXTEEN people out of 4 million have a cold

And they will get a grant from our bleeding heart governments !

• Like 1

Over this past week, I've had a change of heart regarding the seriousness of this virus.  At first I felt everyone was overreacting.  Perhaps they are to an extent- however- after seeing and hearing about individuals including doctors and nurses who are in excellent overall health, up to date on all of their vaccines and such become violently ill from this virus within a matter of 24-48 hours and then die from this within such a short amount of time, I realize this thing is much more serious than I initially believed.  It doesn't affect you, and you go on thinking and believing that everyone is overreacting and screwing up the economy until someone close to you dies from this, who should never have died from this.   Yeah, there are no guarantees in life.  Eat right, stay fit, die young anyway.  (So that is why I add to that, eat crappy, die happy- just keep exercising though)  But when it's your child or spouse or mother or father or best friend who was running a marathon a month ago, and now is on life support in a hospital, perspectives change.  

God bless us. 

• Like 5

Indiana did the same well didn’t cancel we have elearning until the end of May. Gonna be real fun for child care at least I am able to work from home for awhile

Ryan B.

10 hours ago, diyer2 said:

Some states are closing lakes to fishing and boating. 

Lake Powell is closing all boat ramps.

Really?

:)

It's county by county here in NC. Most boat launches are still open.