2020 AT4 6.2L 10spd fuel economy

I have a 2019 AT4 with 6.2L 20" rims everything stock.  Truck is terrible on fuel.  12-14 mpg.  My 2016 1500 Denali with 6.2L beats it by 10 mpg easily.  Very very disappointed with the fuel mileage of this truck.  38,000 km on this truck.  

Will be looking at getting rid of this truck in the next 6 months.

I have a 2019 AT4 with 6.2L 20" rims everything stock.  Truck is terrible on fuel.  12-14 mpg.  My 2016 1500 Denali with 6.2L beats it by 10 mpg easily.  Very very disappointed with the fuel mileage of this truck.  38,000 km on this truck.  
Will be looking at getting rid of this truck in the next 6 months.

What kind of driving do you do? Mine is brand new with 160 miles on it and I got 18 mpg doing 65 the other day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

3 hours ago, Jav_eee said:

What kind of driving do you do? Mine is brand new with 160 miles on it and I got 18 mpg doing 65 the other day.

I normally drive at 77 mph but when i do my mileage tests i set it at 62 mph, same as i would do with my 16 Denali.  What makes it even worse is these ****** ass small gas tanks as was mentioned earlier.  I cant even get close 300 miles to a tank.  Brutal!

I had a 2018 2500 LTZ Night edition truck last, even though it rode like a railway tie and had crappy zip to it, its gas mileage was comparable to my AT4 but, it had the large tank.  Beauty.  

30 minutes ago, Hydro4acid said:

2020 6.2L denali with 10 speed, tonneau cover. 

Going 120 on highway i get 10-11L/100km. i almost always got that mileage.

Towing a 4000lb enclosed trailer, i was showing 20-22L/100km towing.

Lifted will make a big difference.

Damn envious of many of you.  Wonder why the big difference between vehicles?  I was hoping this truck would impress me.  The 6.2 in my denali did.  I was lured to the dark Ram side again and resisted but am not overly pleased with this truck.  

I have a 2019 6.5’ bed, CC, 6.2, NHT (3.42 rear end).  Drove Cincinnati to Charlotte and back: upper 70 mph range

always run 93 octane from Walmart/ Sam’s

truck is getting close to 20k miles

truck seems to finally start getting good mileage after 10k on the odometer.

autostarts kill the number as well.

3A267CBE-F5ED-4936-913F-06C413C9DF56.jpeg

18 hours ago, Jav_eee said:

Mine hasn't reached the "broken in" miles either. Mostly driven around town I've been getting around 15mpg. I manually track each fill up with the fuelly app. About what I expected with it. I did not purchase the truck with good mpg in mind... :)

• Like 1

Mine hasn't reached the "broken in" miles either. Mostly driven around town I've been getting around 15mpg. I manually track each fill up with the fuelly app. About what I expected with it. I did not purchase the truck with good mpg in mind... [emoji4]

I use Fuelly too and even went a step further by verifying that my odometer tracks mileage correctly.

I’m coming from a leveled F250 with the 6.7 that got about 10 in town and 13 on the highway so anything better than that is a win in my book!

• Like 2

I use my truck as a daily and road trips. This truck is gonna cost me way more than my F150 or Ram, so much more I could trade it on for a loss and come out on top in the end. I'm going to wait till end of summer and see if it improves.

91 is very expensive here, cost me an extra $30 per tank to fill on 91 vs 87

Sent from my SM-N975W using Tapatalk

Well there’s your issue. GM recommends 93 for the best performance/fuel economy.

60247f586b7c053cfe303046b3a91ab1.jpg

They all say that and its mostly bull.

My F150 EcoBoost recommended 91 but 87 was ok blah blah... I tried it on 87 and noticed no difference so kept using 87. I wasted money for months putting 91 in the stupid thing. 93 isnt even available in canada and only a few stations have 94, about 4 fuel stations of 20 in my area have 94 available, many areas only have 91.

Now my Jeep SRT8 minimum requirement is 91, so I use exactly that at least 91 or 94 if I'm near a station with it. Right now my Jeep 6.4 hemi is getting better fuel economy than my truck which is odd.. so Is my power wagon that's a 3/4 ton 6.4. I'm starting to miss my diesel now but at least this truck is warm in the winter and my oil changes are free.

Sent from my SM-N975W using Tapatalk

Why would you buy a truck with a 6.2L expecting good mileage? It’s meant to pull stumps basically and move heavier stuff. If it does that for you and gets over 12mpg, you’re doing good. My 2003 2500 with the 6.0L that I had years ago was LUCKY to hit 10mpg. I think it got 7mpg average when I hauled my Camaro to Road America years ago.

The real tale of the tape is when you have the DIC showing your mileage over 400 miles. The 25 and 50 mile range can fluctuate greatly just from one hard acceleration on an on ramp.

My 5.3L is doing just dandy in my AT4. I’m actually impressed at the mileage since it’s lifted and such. I suspect it will do better as I drive it more. May switch it to 89 octane since my last few GM vehicles got better mileage on 89.

7f14b97a6d4c631c1e5c49353653f1d8.jpg

They all say that and its mostly bull.

You’re free to use whatever octane you want BUT you’re the one (using 91) who’s getting bad fuel economy versus me (using 93) so....

Maybe try a tankful for funsies...