In 20 seconds you can become part of the worlds largest and oldest community discussing General Motors, Chevrolet and GMC branded pickups, crossovers, and SUVs. From buying research to owner support, join 1.5 MILLION GM Truck Enthusiasts every month who use GM-Trucks.com as a daily part of their ownership experience. 

Posted (edited)

Has anyone been having issues with Apple CarPlay mysteriously disconnecting? Then when you unplug and replug, it still doesn't work. But, after teh vehicle has been turned off and then restarted it works fine.

Edited by bradmo2723
Added more info

I’ve about decided CarPlay is not worth the hassle, it’s too buggy. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn’t. I’ve turned it off. The only time I’ll turn it on is when traveling and i want to use the navigation on my phone. I have a 2020 that i traded a 17 for and same issues in both.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I haven't had an issue with apple car play.  Are you using a true apple cord or using an aftermarket one?  I know in the past when using an aftermarket cord, I had issues with my laptop, etc.

• Like 1

I agree... I had a 17,18 and now a 19. Never a problem with Apple Car Play.

Normally its a cheap cord.

Tom

• Like 1

Never been an issue on my 19 HC. Are you using an Apple certified cable?

I had the same problem in my Colorado until I started using a true Apple USB cable.

None. Get a real cord and reboot your phone for good measure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

22 hours ago, bradmo2723 said:

Has anyone been having issues with Apple CarPlay mysteriously disconnecting? Then when you unplug and replug, it still doesn't work. But, after teh vehicle has been turned off and then restarted it works fine.

As some have mentioned, get a factory Apple cord and do a hard reboot on the phone.  Cable choice is really picky with CarPlay.  

Posted (edited)

Thanks for the response. I thought the same way, but even with the Apple cord, it’s still an issue.

Edited by bradmo2723
  • Like 1

Have you restarted the phone recently? 

Seems to solve a lot of CP issues being reported on other forums. 

Not just you OP.  Mine hasn’t worked day one.  Tried multiple cables that came with my iPhones over the years.  On iOS 13.3.1 my screen would stutter, freeze and not play music.  Updated to 13.4.1 and now the truck doesn’t even recognize the phone is plugged in.    It does charge though.

I had intermittent problems with my '17 Sierra. No problems at all with my '20 Silverado. Used the same authentic apple cable in both trucks.

My 19 RST has done this occasionally since day one...The day we picked the truck up, it did not recognize my Apple SE. Dealer replaced receptacle plug (USB) but still happens occasionally, even if we are using the USBC plug..

Kinda quirky. Can't wait for a speeding ticket on the day WAZE is off line!

Ditto needs good cord and IMHO a good holder for phone so card does not wiggle while using. Never an issue with good cord and phone in cradle.

Sometimes i have to open my phone, hit play on the phone and then it immediately recognizes it. No idea why.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk