Apple CarPlay malfunction

56 minutes ago, Sammytheo said:

I had the same issue on my 2019 Chevy Colorado and now my 2020 Sierra. Once I put the radio system on remote updates and the vehicle updated all was good.

Thanks for the info

• 3 weeks later...

I just picked up a new 2020 Silverado 2 weeks ago. At random times during my drive, when connected to CarPlay, my radio will go black, music turns off, and the radio resets. Took it to the dealer and they can’t seem to figure out the problem. Anyone ever run into this problem?

• 4 weeks later...
On 6/18/2020 at 11:43 PM, NGio11 said:

I just picked up a new 2020 Silverado 2 weeks ago. At random times during my drive, when connected to CarPlay, my radio will go black, music turns off, and the radio resets. Took it to the dealer and they can’t seem to figure out the problem. Anyone ever run into this problem?

Same thing here. 2020 custom crew cab.  Exactly like you stated.  Goes black and sometimes after a few minutes it all comes back.

1 minute ago, 2cstuff said:

Same thing here. 2020 custom crew cab.  Exactly like you stated.  Goes black and sometimes after a few minutes it all comes back.

Yup, I have a custom crew cab 2020. GM replaced the radio, I went and bought a new phone cord, it’s been fine ever since

Glad to hear that man.

Any advice for me when I take to the dealership?  I’d like to think it will be pretty straight forward but sometimes it isn’t.

Edited by 2cstuff

• 3 weeks later...

Every time I’ve had a problem with car play it’s been because the cable was going bad. Would still charge phone but was having trouble sending data for some reason replaced cable and problem would go away. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jav_eee said:

My 2019 does it from both.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Yeah, mines a 2020, and when I’m plugged in with USB cord, at random times the music will stop playing, and then a couple seconds later the screen goes black and then shuts off and resets itself. GM replaced the radio and it still does it. Replaced the cord too, and contacted Apple for support but nothing solves this issue

I've had a couple little hiccups with my AppleCar Pay in my 2020 1500. I recently switched from a Galaxy Note 10+ and never had any issues. But with my iPhone 11 Pro Max once it kicked me out completely in the middle of my drive like I disconnected the cable but I hadn't. Also quite often I use Pandora to listen to music and I have a premium subscription to skip songs and what not. Sometimes it won't let me skip the song via the steering wheel control, if I unplug it then plug it back it, it starts to work. Also sometimes if I pause the song and then hit play again, it starts playing but no audio comes out,. But if I re-pause it then hit play again it starts playing the audio. And yes I'm using the USB-C to lightning port cable that came in my iPhone box. Once again, never had any of these issues with Android Auto with my Note 10+.

The only issue I seem to be having is when I connect my iPhone, have it playing on shuffle in Apple Music and go to skip to the next song. I keep getting a message that the "Action Unavailable While Indexing" in the screen in the middle of the instrument cluster. Anyone else getting this?

• 1 year later...

My 2019 Chevy Silverado has done it since the day I drove it off of the lot, NOT a cord issue, used original apple and aftermarket, all the same, now the radio freezes up, won't turn off or allow the volume to be adjusted, and sometimes keeps staying on even after the vehicle is turned off.  Been back to the dealer 4 times, but they can "recreate" the problem.