Transfer Case Leak?

My 2015 Sierra transfer case just disintegrated at 48,000 miles. This truck has been serviced by a GM garage on schedule since purchase. The dealer discovered that the case was dry and reported that there were no  holes or seal/gasket leaks to explain the loss of fluid. Speculation was that someone pulled the plug on the transfer case during a routine oil change (at another dealer) and failed to replace the transfer case fluid. The transfer case went out 4 months and 3000 miles from the time of this oil change. I'm stuck with a $2500. bill as GM has denied warranty coverage. Is it possible for a transfer case to go 3000 miles and 4 months of use without oil and are there any other explanations for this major/expensive problem?

Boy, that sucks. I will assume you'll be stuck with this one as he said she said scenario. No way to prove the last service screwed up & forgot to put fluid in it. Sorry to hear that. Maybe someone else can chime in. I would go back to the service dealership & talk to the service manager & if you don't get anywhere with him keep escalating up the chain, especially since there's no evidence of leaking. But most will deny any fault I'm afraid.