2021 Feature Changes -- Attempt Number 2

Since we got taken over by some that couldn't read the title and decided it was a good place to debate cab type and box length, I thought we should try again! 

(and since the mods didn't help us out) 

GMC Sierra /Denali 1500

Deletions

(A52) Front 40/20/40 split-bench seat
     (G2X) Deep Mahogany Metallic
     (GPJ) Red Quartz Tintcoat exterior paint
     (GS6) Smokey Quartz Metallic
     (GCI) Carbon Black Metallic
     (QT3) Manual tailgate function with lift assist
     (MCY) Single USB Port
     (PDP) Denali Premium Package
     TC10743 2WD Standard Bed Crew model deleted

New Features

(GB8) Ebony Twilight Metallic exterior paint
     (GSK) Cayenne Red Tintcoat exterior paint
     (GED) Hunter Metallic exterior paint
     (GNK) Brownstone Metallic
     (RGE) Safety Essentials Package
     (RFX) X31 Off-Road and Protection Package
     (BKF) Premium Front floor liners with removable carpet inserts
     (BKE) Premium Rear floor liners with removable carpet inserts
     (QFV) Tires, LT265/60R20 MT blackwall Goodyear Wrangler Territory
     (VXW) LPO, AT4 high clearance step
     (SES) LPO, 22" (55.9 cm) Multi-spoke Polished wheels
     Wireless Phone Projection, for Apple CarPlay and Android Auto on (IOS) and (IOT) Audio systems

Changes

Double Cab models not available on SLT and AT4
     (PDU) SLE Value Package consisting of (PCQ) SLE Convenience Package, (G80) Auto-locking rear differential, and (Z82) Trailering Package is standard on SLE
     (PDE) Elevation Value Package consisting (PCR) Elevation Convenience Package, (G80) Auto-locking rear differential and (Z82) Trailering Packageis standard on Elevation
     (A50) Bucket seats are available as an option on Elevation
     (PCP) AT4 CarbonPro Edition wheels may be upgraded to (NZQ) 20" 6-spoke Carbon Grey painted aluminum wheels with (QFV) LT265/60R20 MT blackwall Goodyear Wrangler Territory tires
     (U2K) Sirius XM Radio is standard on 3SA and 3SB
     (AE7) Front 40/20/40 split-bench with covered armrest storage is standard on 1SA
     (QK2) GMC MultiPro Tailgate is now availabler on 3SA and 3SB
     (HVH) Dark Walnut / Slate is no longer available on Elevation Trim
     (BKE) and (BKF) Premium floor liners now standard on AT4
     (UVN) Bed View Camera is no longer available as free flow and is included and only available with (CWM) Technology Package
     (CF5) Sunroof is not available on 3SA and 3SB
     (NHT) Max Trailering Package with (L84) 5.3L EcoTec3 V8 engine is "Available for (SRE) sold order types only" 

AVAILABLE MODELS (Sierra)
2WD Short Bed Crew Cab (TC10543)
4WD Short Bed Crew Cab (TK10543)
4WD Standard Bed Crew Cab (TK10743)
2WD Standard Bed Double Cab (TC10753)
4WD Standard Bed Double Cab (TK10753)
2WD Long Bed Regular Cab (TC10903)
4WD Long Bed Regular Cab (TK10903)

Chevrolet Truck Silverado 1500

Deletions

(G2X) Havana Brown Metallic
     (GPJ) Cajun Red Tintcoat
     (A52) Front 40/20/40 split bench seat
     (QT3) Tailgate
     (UVI) Trailer Camera Package
     (MCY) USB port
     (NZT) 20" x 9" painted aluminum with machined face and Gray accent pocket wheels
     (PDA) Texas Edition
     (PCQ) LT Value Package
     (PCR) RST Value Package
     (PDL) LTZ Texas Edition
     (B59) Remote Start Package
     (XFE) Fuel Economy Package

New Features

(GB8) Mosaic Black Metallic
     (GNK) Oxford Brown Metallic
     (GSK) Cherry Red Tintcoat
     (RGE) Safety Essentials Package available on Work Truck (1WT), Custom (1CX) and Custom Trail Boss (2CX)
     (PDD) All Star Edition Plus
     (PDP) Texas Edition Plus
     (PDY) LTZ Premium Texas Edition
     (BKF), (BKE) Carpeted floor liners
     Wireless Phone Projection, for Apple CarPlay and Android Auto
     (QFV) LT265/60R20 MT blackwall Goodyear Wrangler Territory tires

Changes

CC10743 2WD Crew Cab Standard Bed model is no longer available on Custom (1CX), RST (1SP), LTZ (1LZ) or High Country (3LZ)
     CC10753 2WD Double Cab Standard Bed model is no longer available on RST (1SP) or LTZ (1LZ)
     CK10753 4WD Double Cab Standard Bed model is no longer available on LTZ (1LZ)
     (PDX) Custom Value Package is now standard on Custom (1CX) and includes (PCX) Custom Convenience Package, (ZLA) Infotainment Package and (Z82) Trailering Package
     (PCX) Custom Convenience Package and (ZLA) Infotainment Package are now standard on Custom Trail Boss (2CX)
     (PDU) All Star Edition, (PCL) Convenience Package, (Z82) Trailering Package and (G80) Auto-locking rear differential are now standard on LT (1LT) and RST (1SP)
     (PCH) Convenience Package with Bucket Seats is now standard on LT Trail Boss (2LT)
     (PDF) LTZ Plus Package is now standard on LTZ (1LZ) and includes (PCZ) LTZ Convenience Package and (PQB) Safety Package
     (AE7) Front 40/20/40 split-bench seat is now standard on Work Truck (1WT), Custom (1CX) and Custom Trail Boss (2CX)
     (MCZ) USB ports are now standard on Work Truck (1WT), Custom (1CX) and Custom Trail Boss (2CX)
     (U2K) SiriusXM is now available on Work Truck (1WT) and standard on Custom (1CX), Custom Trail Boss (2CX) LT (1LT), RST (1SP) and LT Trail Boss (2LT)
     (UE1) OnStar is now standard on Custom (1CX) and Custom Trail Boss (2CX)
     (QT5) EZ Lift and Lower tailgate is now standard on Custom (1CX), Custom Trail Boss (2CX) and LT (1LT)
     (QT6) Power up and down tailgate is now standard on LTZ (1LZ) and available on LT (1LT), RST (1SP) and LT Trail Boss (2LT)
     (RD5) 20" x 9" Black painted aluminum wheels are now free flow on Custom Trail Boss (2CX) and LT Trail Boss (2LT)
     (RD2) 20" x 9" Polished finish wheels are now standard on LTZ (1LZ)
     (CF5) Sunroof no longer available on LT (1LT)
     (NHT) Max Trailering Package with (L84) 5.3L EcoTec3 V8 engine now requires a sold order type
     (BG9) Rubberized-vinyl flooring on LT (1LT) now requires a sold order type

AVAILABLE MODELS (Chev)
2WD Short Bed Crew Cab (CC10543)
4WD Short Bed Crew Cab (CK10543)
2WD Standard Bed Crew Cab (CC10743)
4WD Standard Bed Crew Cab (CK10743)
2WD Standard Bed Double Cab (CC10753)
4WD Standard Bed Double Cab (CK10753)
2WD Long Bed Regular Cab (CC10903)
4WD Long Bed Regular Cab (CK10903)

• Thanks 1

sucks the first got sidetracked.....i was small part of it.....it is truck though afterall and bed is big part of getting one but everyone is entitled to their choice or needs.....if they take away a std bed completely i will have a kiniption fit though, lol

but i have to hand it to you bro you have this ****** down!....anytime a question pops up about pkgs and your all over it, mnfctr codes, etc and what you can and cannot order......

seems like its pretty small changes though.....some are definetly better....after upgrading from a 2019 to a 2020 with more stuff i think my next one will just be really basic....just find it hard to justify the value of options no matter how they divvy it up......base model 4x4 will be last truck for this old man.....more stuff to go wrong, not work, have issues with

have to say my 2020 2500 has worked bit better than 2019 RST overall.....so far and sounds like spaceship when i get into or out of it with all noises the computer and sensors make.....

you do help out quite a few peeps and even myself couple of times and thats what we are here for so thumbs up!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Strangely, there isn't a current option package for 2020 called "Premium Package" (RPO PDP) that I can tell if you tried to order one. I doubt you can anymore, but still. I seem to remember there being a premium package at one point, but can't recall what was in it. It's not available now anyway, so I guess it doesn't really matter. If they do a la carte by getting rid of the Ultimate option (RPO PEC), you'd see a whole lot less "kitchen sink" Denalis. So I doubt you'd see the Ultimate option going away.

Only ONE option I wish I could remove from the Ultimate Package and that would be the sunroof. I hate those things on a truck, and I'm not a fan at all of cutting holes in the roof as it is. A leak point. If I were leasing, I'd probably not worry too much about it. I understand it's part of the kitchen sink, but if I had my way, I'd pick that one off. But I guess I'll deal with it.

Edited by 2020SierraDenali

Pretty sure I know the answer to this... but the CarPlay wireless transmission is a hardware change and not just software, right? I noticed it says it works with IOS / IOT radios, so I got my hopes up for a software update to get the wireless CarPlay. 

On 7/18/2020 at 7:41 AM, smit303 said:

This Denali Premium Package that is being deleted. Is this the same as the Ultimate package?

They are slightly different. Premium didn't include the Tri-Mode running boards. 

NEW!  Denali Premium Package, includes (CWM) Technology Package, (PDJ) Driver Alert Package II, (CF5) sunroof, (SFE) wheel locks, LPO and (SMF) 22" multi-dimensional polished aluminum wheels
1 - No longer available to order. Requires (LM2) Duramax 3.0L Turbo-Diesel I6 engine or (L87) 6.2L EcoTec3 V8 engine and (XCE) 275/50R22SL all-season, blackwall tires. Not available with (BRS) GMC MultiPro Power Steps, (PEC) Denali Ultimate Package or (PCP) Denali CarbonPro Edition. NOTE: (SMF) 22" multi-dimensional polished aluminum wheels can be upgraded to (SEV), (SF0), (SEW), (SEU), (SHD) or (SGM) 22" LPO wheels.

vs. 

Denali Ultimate Package, includes (CWM) Technology Package, (PDJ) Driver Alert Package II, (CF5) sunroof, (BRS) GMC MultiPro Power Steps, (SFE) wheel locks, LPO and (SMF) 22" multi-dimensional polished aluminum wheels
1 - Requires 4WD model, (L87) 6.2L EcoTec3 V8 engine or (LM2) Duramax 3.0L Turbo-Diesel I6 engine and (XCE) 275/50R22SL all-season, blackwall tires. 2WD models require (LM2) Duramax 3.0L Turbo-Diesel I6 engine and (XCE) 275/50R22SL all-season, blackwall tires. NOTE: (SMF) 22" multi-dimensional polished aluminum wheels can be upgraded to 22" LPO wheels.

Both years have a 'Denali Ultimate'  version

(which is the only way to get BRS - power steps)

2021 (1500)

PEC         Denali Ultimate Package, includes (CWM) Technology Package, (PDJ) Driver Alert Package II, (CF5) sunroof, (BRS) GMC MultiPro Power Steps, (SFE) wheel locks, LPO and (SMF) 22" multi-dimensional polished aluminum wheels
1 -  Requires 4WD model, (L87) 6.2L EcoTec3 V8 engine or (LM2) Duramax 3.0L Turbo-Diesel I6 engine and (XCE) 275/50R22SL all-season, blackwall tires. 2WD models require (LM2) Duramax 3.0L Turbo-Diesel I6 engine and (XCE) 275/50R22SL all-season, blackwall tires. NOTE: (SMF) 22" multi-dimensional polished aluminum wheels can be upgraded to 22" LPO wheels. 

PCP         Denali CarbonPro Edition, includes (PDV) MultiPro Audio System by Kicker and CarbonPro Composite Bed.
1 -  Requires TK10543 model and (L87) 6.2L EcoTec3 V8 engine or (LM2) Duramax 3.0L Turbo-Diesel I6 engine, (SGM) 22" high gloss Black wheels, LPO and (PEC) Denali Ultimate Package. Not available with and deletes (CGN) spray-on bedliner. Not available with and deletes (B1J) rear wheelhouse liners. (SGM) 22" high gloss Black, LPO wheels can be substituted with (SF0) 22" (55.9cm) Bright Chrome, LPO wheels. Not available with any other LPO wheels. Please note that (SFE) wheel locks, LPO will be deleted, LPO 22" wheels will include wheel locks without the RPO code. 

2020 (1500)

PDP         NEW!  Denali Premium Package, includes (CWM) Technology Package, (PDJ) Driver Alert Package II, (CF5) sunroof, (SFE) wheel locks, LPO and (SMF) 22" multi-dimensional polished aluminum wheels
1 -  No longer available to order. Requires (LM2) Duramax 3.0L Turbo-Diesel I6 engine or (L87) 6.2L EcoTec3 V8 engine and (XCE) 275/50R22SL all-season, blackwall tires. Not available with (BRS) GMC MultiPro Power Steps, (PEC) Denali Ultimate Package or (PCP) Denali CarbonPro Edition. NOTE: (SMF) 22" multi-dimensional polished aluminum wheels can be upgraded to (SEV), (SF0), (SEW), (SEU), (SHD) or (SGM) 22" LPO wheels.

PEC         Denali Ultimate Package, includes (CWM) Technology Package, (PDJ) Driver Alert Package II, (CF5) sunroof, (BRS) GMC MultiPro Power Steps, (SFE) wheel locks, LPO and (SMF) 22" multi-dimensional polished aluminum wheels
1 -  Requires 4WD model, (L87) 6.2L EcoTec3 V8 engine or (LM2) Duramax 3.0L Turbo-Diesel I6 engine and (XCE) 275/50R22SL all-season, blackwall tires. 2WD models require (LM2) Duramax 3.0L Turbo-Diesel I6 engine and (XCE) 275/50R22SL all-season, blackwall tires. NOTE: (SMF) 22" multi-dimensional polished aluminum wheels can be upgraded to 22" LPO wheels. 

PCP         NEW!  Denali CarbonPro Edition, includes (SGM) 22" high gloss Black wheels, LPO, (PDV) MultiPro Audio System by Kicker and CarbonPro Composite Bed. Please note that (SFE) wheel locks, LPO will be deleted, LPO 22" wheels will include wheel locks without the RPO code.
1 -  Requires TK10543 model, (PEC) Denali Ultimate Package and (L87) 6.2L EcoTec3 V8 engine or (LM2) Duramax 3.0L Turbo-Diesel I6 engine. Requires one of the following exterior colors, (GBA) Onyx Black, (G1W) White Frost Tricoat, (G9K) Satin Steel Metallic or (GCI) Carbon Black Metallic. Not available with (QK1) standard tailgate. Not available with and deletes (CGN) spray-on bedliner. Not available with and deletes (B1J) rear wheelhouse liners. Not available with any other LPO wheels.

Edited by redwngr

Supposed to go to stealership tomorrow morning to get the order in for my Buyback replacement truck.  Any confirmation on whether the 2021 SLT can be ordered with Max Tow AND the Trailer Mirrors AND Tech Package again? 

7 hours ago, chizzoy said:

So any idea if Duramax will be an option for the Trail Boss trim?

I think GM is looking to add more cooling on the BabyMax to increase the towing so just maybe on the TB ? 

On 7/19/2020 at 10:50 PM, econometrics said:

Pretty sure I know the answer to this... but the CarPlay wireless transmission is a hardware change and not just software, right? I noticed it says it works with IOS / IOT radios, so I got my hopes up for a software update to get the wireless CarPlay. 

Has to be hardware- Lots of options though to turn current CarPlay stereos wireless. I sure hope they make it an upgradable feature for 19/20’s

On 7/24/2020 at 5:54 PM, Tyler1199 said:

Has to be hardware- Lots of options though to turn current CarPlay stereos wireless. I sure hope they make it an upgradable feature for 19/20’s

What are the options please?  I have a 2020 Silverado RST and I modded the center console for wireless charging but that's wasted because I still have to connect a cord for android auto.  I'd LOVE the wireless android option.  So please point me in the right direction?