Brake System Failure? 2020 GMC Sierra 1500 AT4

This happened today when I started the truck...

Trucks at the dealership now, and they can't get to it until tomorrow. Truck is limited to 43mph and the brakes were so hard to push...ugh!

I did research that the 2019s had an issue but didn't see anything on the 2020s...

Hoping it's a quick fix!e4ab2aaec5f12182790963ed4d52342d.jpg16d66aa90b9b762d31ea7fb251a41171.jpgd8f4b53cdf8a133e9515f9248b235c17.jpgfc5a5f1280ea88f2ac66c6bab092ac8c.jpg59adb29e49a632d5e11a67b62498ee00.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

• Sad 1

So I have a 2020 Silverado and I got a slew of these messages as I think I have a really bad battery.   If your noticing that the truck is having a hard time starting up then a low power battery will throw multitudes of error codes.  I had it the first time my battery died and I had it towed to the dealership and they couldn't replicate the issue.   They jump started it and then the battery was "healthy".   Still having some battery issues so I'm going back to ask them for a new battery or do a load test.   

Best maybe to start you truck and leave it running for a bit or drive around the neighborhood for 20 minutes.   Turn it off.  Start it again>?

When I got the message I did turn it off and on a couple times. Truck didn't seem to have any issue battery wise... So I'm lost... Just waiting to hear from the dealership....

They gave me a new Encore as a courtesy vehicle .. 30 miles on it ... But it's definitely not a truck LOL

32 minutes ago, Dani2005 said:

When I got the message I did turn it off and on a couple times. Truck didn't seem to have any issue battery wise... So I'm lost... Just waiting to hear from the dealership....

They gave me a new Encore as a courtesy vehicle .. 30 miles on it ... But it's definitely not a truck LOL

At least they gave you a courtesy vehicle.  The 2 dealers I have used always say "none are available" as you are there looking at their lot full of vehicles.  

Well I advised them that they needed to figure out something as I had a doctor's appt and work. He said they could use Enterprise since it's a safety concern but found a vehicle on the lot for me to drive. Jerry Seiner here in Salt Lake is s great dealership so far...

2 hours ago, Dani2005 said:

We got a Envision as a loaner for our Enclave a couple weeks ago. Ugliest mirrors ever. Which is odd because we love the Enclave design. 

I assume all your brake recalls are up to date?  Not sure about your specific vehicle but there have been a few brake recalls.
My VIN didn't show any recalls, that was the first thing I checked. When I read online it seemed like a large number of 2019 models had recalls but nothing about the 2020 models... [emoji1745]

I had the brake system failure message on my 2020 trail boss a few months ago with a check engine light for about two ignition cycles then it went away on its own. Tonight after using my truck power to raise and lower the tongue jack on my 5000 lb travel trailer several times taking it in to dealer (already removed battery from trailer) I shut off truck. When I went to start truck I got the brake system failure 62 mph top speed warning but it only flashed briefly then went away on its own. Perhaps it had something to do with my battery being low after using it to raise and lower my trailer toung.

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk

18 hours ago, Dani2005 said:

My VIN didn't show any recalls, that was the first thing I checked. When I read online it seemed like a large number of 2019 models had recalls but nothing about the 2020 models... emoji1745.png

My 20 was built in August of 19 was included in the 19/20 break recall and updated when I took it to the 1st service.

Have you had the brake recalls done (never mind I didn’ t read all the responses at first)

Had this happen a few wks ago on mine but it said 62 mph. I checked and cleared the codes myself and it didn’t come back on but I did take it in to have the recall update completed

Ryan B.

Just got a call from the dealership. They stated the new computers in the trucks are pretty sensitive and the cpu thought that the truck had a leak in the brake system. It did not have a leak, but the tech said they have found the only way to clear the system is to bleed the brakes completely. So they performed that late last night and the tech has driven it around a few times this morning with no issues popping up. I am no expert on brakes or computers in these trucks so I'm leaning on the techs expertise. There's no charge to me, so I'll make sure to get the invoice and see exactly what they did.

Thanks for any suggestions you guys provided!

Edit:Attached invoice with tech comments

feb8ea2b51cf26f4a98a802bc86e7f2b.jpg

• Like 1

Hopefully that fixed it for you. I had the same thing to happen to my 19' Sierra and it was a bad cell in the battery as previously posted. Would start fine sometimes, but other times it would drag or not even start at all. This happened without any warning at all. These trucks have so much computer operation in them now, that the battery charge can cause issues that it would not have caused in older vehicles. Even though the battery would start the truck the voltage was so low that it threw every code just like yours and made it virtually useless. Dealer installed new battery and cleared the codes, been running great ever since. This happened within the first 5k miles on the truck. Got 20k on it now, and other than the rear window leak, is the only issue I've had with truck.