In 20 seconds you can become part of the worlds largest and oldest community discussing General Motors, Chevrolet and GMC branded pickups, crossovers, and SUVs. From buying research to owner support, join 1.5 MILLION GM Truck Enthusiasts every month who use GM-Trucks.com as a daily part of their ownership experience. 

Sadly saying vye

While this is a great forum and network I gave up on my silverado this week. After the roof leak and the transfer jingle I've decide to part ways 10 months and 4k miles later. Thanks to everyone on here. PS don't go drive a Ram limited when your mad at your silverado....

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, lapoolboy said:

As an idiot who's owned three Dodges before I learned my lesson, GOOD LUCK!  

Because yes all GM trucks are perfect and have absolutely zero issues.  

to the OP good luck brother. Spending your hard earned money and not being satisfied sucks. We all know not one truck company is perfect.  Yes there are some trouble free trucks but not all 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, f8l vnm said:

Because yes all GM trucks are perfect and have absolutely zero issues.  

to the OP good luck brother. Spending your hard earned money and not being satisfied sucks. We all know not one truck company is perfect.  Yes there are some trouble free trucks but not all 

Talk about putting words in my mouth ?

I didn't say "all GM trucks are perfect and have absolutely zero issues."  Speak for yourself.

I CAN speak for myself when I say I gave Dodge way too much of MY hard-earned money for three trucks and I wasn't satisfied with any of them.  In fact, it went beyond dissatisfaction - it was outright rage.

Maybe the OP will get a trouble-free Dodge...the three I owned certainly weren't and I feel three of them were a large enough sample to rule out just "bad luck".  That's why I wished the OP "good luck".  

• Like 3

My next truck will most likely be a Ford....just more ability to create something that I want through options.  The GMC has the jingle, but other than that, it has been a fine rig.  After running a Mopar fleet for a decade, I wouldn't give FCA a dime of my money.  

• Like 1

Based on my experience I'm not convinced any of the big 3 are more or less reliable than the other. They all have their various own special issues, or worse, if you happen to get a lemon. It happens. 

Although I did drive a new Ram 1500 before buying the GMC. With the Limited in particular, it looks nice... on the surface. Everything creaks and pops. And that was with two different vehicles. The middle or lower end trims are much quieter and would be my target if I went back to FCA. 

But not today... ?

• Like 3

1 hour ago, omegafiler said:

Based on my experience I'm not convinced any of the big 3 are more or less reliable than the other. They all have their various own special issues, or worse, if you happen to get a lemon. It happens. 

Running a fleet of Fords now....problem free since 2015.  I'll probably lose an engine now... ?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Guys I'm not dogging GM. We all use our trucks for different reasons. Mine was basically a vacation and trash haul vehicle. Other than the jingle and water leak i also had bed alignment issue. When they repaired that they creased my bed... It has just put a bad taste in my mouth. I may regret the RAM, but my RST leak was found on Christmas Eve. I bought it 24 hours before that. The jingle will just come back after the "fix" so I just gave up on that truck. I have a 86, 96, and 05 still that I love. Will post pics when the weather clears.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

• Like 3