I received my PULSAR LT unit yesterday and installed it today. Installation went smoothly with the exception of not being able to get connector off of stab on air filter box. I could not get it to release because I did not have anything handy to slip in and release catch so it would slide up. When I get home I will get it. So far I have perimeters I am interested in programmed and will report back after I have had it in service for a couple of weeks.  

They just called me today to say they found a bent pin on the first unit they sent me and haven’t been able to replicate the issue with the second unit. They overnighted me a whole new module “special built for me”. Haha hopefully this one won’t have issues...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Firehawk T/A said:

Well I just hit 1,000 miles with my range pulsar lt and so far so good! No issues whatsoever. I really love the improved throttle response and I've noticed with the DFM turned off that the idle is way smoother. I figured I have lost about 1mpg with that disabled, but to me it is worth it. 

Totally agree with DFM off and throttle response, however I had to send mine back due to problems.

I will wait a few months and see if things smooth out and maybe order again.

Tom

2 hours ago, Jav_eee said:

They just called me today to say they found a bent pin on the first unit they sent me and haven’t been able to replicate the issue with the second unit. They overnighted me a whole new module “special built for me”. Haha hopefully this one won’t have issues...

Nice! Good to hear they are making it right with you. It speaks volumes about their customer service. Let us know how the new one works  for you.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/16/2020 at 6:46 PM, Jav_eee said:

Any updates to this? 

The past week my truck has stalled out a couple times, not sure if this is because of the Pulsar but if it happens again I'm going to remove the Pulsar to see if it happens again. 

1 hour ago, RRonin said:

Any updates to this? 

The past week my truck has stalled out a couple times, not sure if this is because of the Pulsar but if it happens again I'm going to remove the Pulsar to see if it happens again. 

Funny you mention that.  I was in a drive thru about 3 weeks ago with the truck in drive and idling and it just shut off. I put it in park and it started right up again. No CEL or codes and it hasn't done it since. 

What were you doing when yours stalled?

1 hour ago, Firehawk T/A said:

Funny you mention that.  I was in a drive thru about 3 weeks ago with the truck in drive and idling and it just shut off. I put it in park and it started right up again. No CEL or codes and it hasn't done it since. 

What were you doing when yours stalled?

Very interesting. First time I put her in park while I was getting the mail and when I put her in drive she died on me. The second time I was stopped at a light and she died. Starts right up after the shutdown but I am noticing that the RPMs are very low when stopped. Yesterday I tried to update the software but still no new updates available. 

I was on the road today and my truck stalled multiple times. I removed the Pulsar and the truck ran fine but now I have a check engine light on. Going to call Range to see if they have any ideas. 

Any updates to this? 

I never had that issue. Well, mine has stalled maybe 2 times since I bought it but it was before the pulsar was installed. Once while fueling up (yeah yeah) and the other was sitting in a parking lot.

As for the device, I sold it because I just feel like my truck has too many electrical demo so tolerate it.

Not trying to be a Pulsar salesman, but I would ask anyone having problems with the device to remove it and put dialectic grease in the prongs of the connector.  The stock connector is a poor design and has a rating of being plugged/unplugged five times.  I've seen stock trucks come in with odd random electrical issue, like stalling, no start....  and it ends up being in the connector/prongs in the connector that the pulsar plugs into.  So it is delicate and combine that with being torqued on trying to get it apart to install it, it may develop an issue a connection issue.  I watched the video about 3 times and the install went super smooth, and it hasn't come off, fearing any issues. 

• Like 1

Ok I investigated my issue and it looks like it was self induced. I did not tighten my Rotofab CAI tube and it came completely off. I tightened up it up and reinstalled the Pulsar and the truck ran great during my test drive. I will keep an eye on both but again it looks like user error. I'll also look into some dialectic grease. 

• 2 weeks later...