Range has a new item out called the Pulsar. According to Range you can now access/change and delete items such as auto stop, D.F.M., speed limit settings, T.P.M.S., throttle response and clear D.I.C. codes. They also claim this will NOT void manufacturers warranty. If this is all accurate it appears to be worth the $449.95. Opinions?

Sorry, I don't know how to attach a link .

Edit to add: This is for the 2019/2020 1500 series GM trucks.

Edited by Jac365
Add

It's a cheaper option than tuning the PCM that's for sure.

The newest vehicles seem to hold a lot of the settings in the BCM side of things now, that is why it's cheaper to edit them instead of needing a whole new computer.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, CamGTP said:

It's a cheaper option than tuning the PCM that's for sure.

The newest vehicles seem to hold a lot of the settings in the BCM side of things now, that is why it's cheaper to edit them instead of needing a whole new computer.

Maybe until it's unlocked but a full dyno tune around here (Chicagoland) is around that price.  I've had things like tire size, O2 delete, or speed limiters flashed for the cost of a couple cases of beer.

I just found this item this morning, although on the Superchips website.

Doesn't look like it adds any HP, just convenience features really. I may pull the trigger on one and try it. Buying a pedal commander for throttle response & a speedo corrector would cost more than this and this does more stuff so I don't find the price too out of line.

12 hours ago, polarys425 said:

Do I smell a rat? The Pulsar works with 6.2L 10 speeds, but the regular range device still does not..... That said, if it could set the default drive mode to sport, I'd be in for one.

would definitely be interested in that! I'd rather my truck default to sport and I will turn it to touring if I want.

If no solution surfaces I will try to build one myself, unfortunately looking at the pinout of the switch it looks like it might actually be a resistor ladder or something like that rather than a simple contact like the headlights switch (also going to build a device to default autolights to off) If that's really the case it will be more difficult to build. I'd like to be able to add a switch for default startup mode, touring or sport, if the switch is in sport it will electronically rotate the switch shortly after startup. if in tour nothing happens. I wish it would just remember my previous setting and not default back to touring. Only on one occasion I can think of did I not put the truck into sport mode immediately after startup.

1 hour ago, Rob Mugs said:

Maybe until it's unlocked but a full dyno tune around here (Chicagoland) is around that price.  I've had things like tire size, O2 delete, or speed limiters flashed for the cost of a couple cases of beer.

Its $1400 just to have the ECM unlocked on these new 2019+up T1 trucks.  https://www.hptuners.com/product/e90-modified-ecm-purchase-ecm-exchange-service/

And then its 10 credits at $50/credit, so another $500 to then access the ECM that has been unlocked to start tuning.  $1900 just to even start a dyno tune.  

Edited by newdude
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, newdude said:

Its $1400 just to have the ECM unlocked on these new 2019+up T1 trucks.  https://www.hptuners.com/product/e90-modified-ecm-purchase-ecm-exchange-service/

And then its 10 credits at $50/credit, so another $500 to then access the ECM that has been unlocked to start tuning.  $1900 just to even start a dyno tune.  

While I said "unlocked" I meant right now, they're swapping the locked CPU in the ECM for an unlocked.  If this can be done software-wise, it'll drop significantly.  I haven't personally pulled the E90 apart to see which CPU is onboard but I have hopes that competition will breed innovation with a software-side fix.  Since HP Tuners has a stranglehold on the market for now, they can literally charge whatever they want, even if that CPU is chump change.

15 hours ago, polarys425 said:

Do I smell a rat? The Pulsar works with 6.2L 10 speeds, but the regular range device still does not..... That said, if it could set the default drive mode to sport, I'd be in for one.

When I change my truck to sport mode it stays in sport mode until I change it to something else. I. will put into touring for long highway trips but otherwise I leave it in sport mode.

I would love to delete the auto start, raise my speed limiter (currently 98 MPH) and have the ability to stop DFM from being active at my discretion. (Inspection state, ran into issue with old truck and Range device)