You really shouldn't be. If you read the range warranty you are on your own dime regardless.

"The SELLER disclaims any warranty and expressly disclaims any liability for personal injury or damages. The BUYER acknowledges and agrees that the disclaimer of any liability for personal injury is a material term for this agreement and the BUYER agrees to indemnify the SELLER and to hold the SELLER harmless from any claim related to the item of the equipment purchased. Under no circumstances will the SELLER be liable for any damages or expenses by reason of use or sale of any such equipment."

I’m of the mindset that if I modify my vehicle any issues that come up because of it are my responsibility. Especially a BCM/PCM altering device like the pulsar or the banks derringer I had on my 6.7L F250 or any of the tunes I ran on my 2014 ecoboost. Always knew it would be on me to fix them. ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

What fails is the connector is the connection of the pins in the connector.  That connector design doesn't make a good connection for all the pins in the connector.   So if and install didn't go smooth, it may have worsened the condition of the connector.  

I'd recommend to those having problems, apply some dialectic grease to the connectors and see what happens.  Maybe I'm wrong, but like I said, I've seen too many issues with these connectors with out being tampered with.

In my case it was misalignment of the plastic shroud. The longer tabs caused that side to bow in which caused 2 edges to meet instead of allowing one to slip into the other.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

On 11/6/2020 at 3:28 PM, Jac365 said:

When I change my truck to sport mode it stays in sport mode until I change it to something else. I. will put into touring for long highway trips but otherwise I leave it in sport mode.

Are you certain?  When I shut off and then restart mine is back in normal mode.  It does not stay in sport or off-road modes.

After reading every post in this thread it appears that the "issue rate" for these things is very high.  Too high for a $400+ device!  I wouldn't quite call them junk but it doesn't seem like they are too far from it.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, TRKLGND said:

Are you certain?  When I shut off and then restart mine is back in normal mode.  It does not stay in sport or off-road modes.

Further checking proved I was mistaken. I always gave the dial a quick "flick"  the same direction check.    In reality what I was doing was changing it to sport.  Live and learn.

I am very pleased with mine. It really makes it feel like a totally different truck. Honestly I dont think the price was bad either. I got mine for 405.00 shipped and tax. For the ability to change tire and gear ratios, top speed, no DFM or auto stop and then some. Plus being able to do all this with the steering wheel controls is huge for me. Considering that  the fact that Range alone is 200.00....this is a great deal!

I've had mine on since Friday. The install was smooth, no filing required. Other than option 6(60mph) being throttle sensitivity I haven't had any issues. I've only logged about 50 miles and I'm not doing any changes to throttle sensitivity. So far the DFM is working great and my truck sounds good with my Magna Flow exhaust. Really hope this isn't an issue for all the units. 

So I didn't have a chance to call Range today, I will do so tomorrow.

I remote started my engine today and noticed it had a check engine light.

At this point I pulled the unit completely out and have been problem free all day.

If my truck goes down I don't make money, I'm a small business owner. Have no interest in any modifications for a while.

Tom

• Thanks 1