I emailed them yesterday and got a email and call from them today. They gave me a different number to call them on, the guy was outstanding to talk to and work with. They said Holley will be sending me a RMA on Monday, I appreciated they didn't try to talk me into swapping for another. I am spooked :) and can't afford to have problems with my truck.

Maybe later when things settle down some

Tom

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 11/18/2020 at 1:43 PM, SILVER SLED said:

I got mine from Diablo.  No difference I'm sure.  Worked great.  Only odd thing is I can't shut off start/stop with dash switch when unit is hooked up and set to not disable it. I can disable it through the unit as designed though.    

Mine does the samething maybe a update will fix it? Only other thing I don’t like is the the throttle sensitivity settings them seem to make my truck shift funny kinda like a slip on shift out in like 7-10 gears when just cruising around? Anyone else notice this? 2020 trail boss custom 6.2 (also my truck seems to be ok with changing sensitivity on the fly as long as you let off on the throttle)

Edited by bjr2020 6.2

Mine does the samething maybe a update will fix it? Only other thing I don’t like is the the throttle sensitivity settings them seem to make my truck shift funny kinda like a skip in like 7-10 gears when just cruising around? Anyone else notice this? 2020 trail boss custom 6.2 (also my truck seems to be ok with changing sensitivity on the fly as long as you let off on the throttle)

Mine drove fine, no gear skip issues.

Also, this device can disable auto start/stop, why would you not want to use that feature?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

1 minute ago, Jav_eee said:

Mine drove fine, no gear skip issues.

Also, you bought this to disable auto start/stop, why would you want to enable it?

Sorry didn’t proof read lol meant kinda like a slip on shift out of them gears if you watch the tach you can see it and hear it in the exhaust note. Mine has a muffler delete. I meant also with the pulsar say auto start stop is left on you loose the option to turn it off with the switch. If I set the pulsar to turn it off the light goes out and I get a message on start up it’s disabled. I just leave it off on the pulsar as I don’t like the feature anyway. I was just acknowledging mine as same problem when pulsar is plugged in. 

I haven't had a gear skip issue but I feel like I do get over revs occasionally. Still trying to diagnose this one, feels like it is hunting at times but overall very happy with the Pulsar. I called Range last week to figure out why my USB to ODBII cable wasn't working and was advised that it only works with the Holley cable, part #98105. If you talk to them and give them your serial number they can tell you if there is an update for your module.  

3 hours ago, bjr2020 6.2 said:

Mine does the samething maybe a update will fix it? Only other thing I don’t like is the the throttle sensitivity settings them seem to make my truck shift funny kinda like a slip on shift out in like 7-10 gears when just cruising around? Anyone else notice this? 2020 trail boss custom 6.2 (also my truck seems to be ok with changing sensitivity on the fly as long as you let off on the throttle)

I called Diablo and they said the stop/start can not be turned off with the device installed.  I only changed the throttle sensitivity once and didn’t like it so I went back to stock.  The truck is plenty responsive stock.  

13 minutes ago, RRonin said:

I haven't had a gear skip issue but I feel like I do get over revs occasionally. Still trying to diagnose this one, feels like it is hunting at times but overall very happy with the Pulsar. I called Range last week to figure out why my USB to ODBII cable wasn't working and was advised that it only works with the Holley cable, part #98105. If you talk to them and give them your serial number they can tell you if there is an update for your module.  

Isn’t that nice lol I ordered a cable but it’s not a Holley cable. Also I didn’t mean skip I meant slip. You can hear it in the exhaust note the shift in like 7-10 isn’t as quick as it is with stock sensitivity settings. Seems to have alil torque converter slip in upper gears on shift out is what I mean. But all and all I’m happy with the pulsar.

5 minutes ago, SILVER SLED said:

I called Diablo and they said the stop/start can not be turned off with the device installed.  I only changed the throttle sensitivity once and didn’t like it so I went back to stock.  The truck is plenty responsive stock.  

I like the feel better on like 30% sensitivity but don’t like the upper shifts. Also I agree the 6.2 has better stock throttle response then the 5.3 anyway so it’s tolerable stock. 

4 hours ago, Jav_eee said:

Also, this device can disable auto start/stop, why would you not want to use that feature?

I don’t mind the engine shutting off at times to save gas.  Like sitting at a long light.  So what I do now when I want start/stop off, I put it in tow haul mode, that inhibits start/stop. 

1 hour ago, RRonin said:

What do you mean by over rev’s? Could be what I’m talking about that’s my issue as well.

54 minutes ago, bjr2020 6.2 said:

What do you mean by over rev’s? Could be what I’m talking about that’s my issue as well.

Hard to explain it but let's say you driving at a constant speed and you see and hear the rpms go up maybe 500 but I don't feel a difference in acceleration. My truck is new to me and only has 2k miles so this may just be a quirk especially after the dfm disable. I really need to log more miles. I also discovered today that my truck has a Pedal Commander. I may take this out of the equation to see how the truck behaves. 

22 minutes ago, RRonin said:

Hard to explain it but let's say you driving at a constant speed and you see and hear the rpms go up maybe 500 but I don't feel a difference in acceleration. My truck is new to me and only has 2k miles so this may just be a quirk especially after the dfm disable. I really need to log more miles. I also discovered today that my truck has a Pedal Commander. I may take this out of the equation to see how the truck behaves. 

Yea I think it’s the throttle sensitivity or pedal commander in your case causing the issue. Mine when I play with the sensitivity it has flare ups shifting like your speaking of. When I run stock sensitivity it goes back to normal. Keep me posted plz on how you make out. Hopefully maybe the pulsar will have a update to fix the issues. Even though sounds like some work ok. Mines a 6.2 10 speed so maybe that’s the issue.

Just so everyone realizes..... All the throttle sensitivity adjustment does is change the curve on how much the throttle body is open vs pedal input.  It makes it "feel" more responsive at part throttle but it is much harder to modulate the power.  If you have the sensitivity turned up you will notice a nice surge of power at part throttle but it will feel flat when you step into it more because the throttle body is already open more than it normally would be.  I prefer to leave mine at the stock setting and control it with my foot.

-Eli

8 hours ago, Tjeli said:

Just so everyone realizes..... All the throttle sensitivity adjustment does is change the curve on how much the throttle body is open vs pedal input.  It makes it "feel" more responsive at part throttle but it is much harder to modulate the power.  If you have the sensitivity turned up you will notice a nice surge of power at part throttle but it will feel flat when you step into it more because the throttle body is already open more than it normally would be.  I prefer to leave mine at the stock setting and control it with my foot.

-Eli

Yup I’m def into what your saying your 100% right. It will give you a dead peddle almost farther in the throttle. Your right 6.2 feels fine stock but if you turn up the sensitivity check out like your 7-10 shift out watch your tach and listen see if it causes what seems to be alittle slip almost like 100-200rpm. I have a muffler delete on mine and you can feel and hear something is just alil off. Thinking maybe the tranny doesn’t agree with the sensitivity change or settings. Would like other input if other ppl notice this? Maybe I’m just to picky? Lol maybe a update will fix it hard saying.

Edited by bjr2020 6.2