20 RST Nav Upgrade

I was looking to upgrade my '20 RST with the IOS radio to the factory navigation. GM has since discontinued the GM factory navigation upgrade. I was looking at a few other options and came across OBD Genie. Has anyone tried or used this method?

https://www.obdgenie.com/collections/gm-genies/products/edit-chevrolet-ios-non-nav-to-iou-nav-factory-oem-gps-navigation-with-hd-radio-upgrade

I was looking to upgrade my '20 RST with the IOS radio to the factory navigation. GM has since discontinued the GM factory navigation upgrade. I was looking at a few other options and came across OBD Genie. Has anyone tried or used this method?

https://www.obdgenie.com/collections/gm-genies/products/edit-chevrolet-ios-non-nav-to-iou-nav-factory-oem-gps-navigation-with-hd-radio-upgrade

I would wait a bit... more options coming soon with more features ;)
  • Like 1

On 11/22/2020 at 9:09 PM, GTPprix said:

LOL!! Will do ? these in particular are almost out of testing though heheh

Sure you hear it all the time man, but I'm Ron Burgandy and I'm kind of a big deal... so keep me in mind as well.  

Plan on buying either way, once Xmas and my son's ortho bill is paid ?

• Haha 1

On 11/22/2020 at 9:37 PM, GTPprix said:

I would wait a bit... more options coming soon with more features ?

On 11/22/2020 at 10:05 PM, GTPprix said:

Soon!!! :)

On 11/22/2020 at 10:09 PM, GTPprix said:

LOL!! Will do ? these in particular are almost out of testing though heheh

Take My Money GIF by memecandy

I installed the WAMS wireless android/car play radio on my truck today.  It only took me 20 minutes but I am pretty good with connectors.  The radio also comes with SD card for navigation.  I plugged radio in, put my email in for onstar and everything was ready to go.  I gained wireless car play and android auto.  I now have factory navigation now.  I retrofitted an oem wireless charger on my truck so it is really nice to just set my phone down and android auto automatically connects, no more wire.  I also retrofitted 360 cameras on my truck also with help of WAMS.  With this radio upgrade I gained the LTZ/HC  trailer app that (with my 360 upgrade) allows me to enter trailer dimensions for invisible trailer, jack knife warning and trailer blind spot warning.  This is truly smooth oem function.  WAMS is providing a brand new $800 radio (same that is in 2021 trucks) and a $300 sd card.  I think this is a great value for the programming and equipment you get, especially considering people are paying $600 for GPS only upgrade which is basically just a SD card.  Thank you WAMS for offering these very cool OEM solutions.

• Like 1

I installed the WAMS wireless android/car play radio on my truck today.  It only took me 20 minutes but I am pretty good with connectors.  The radio also comes with SD card for navigation.  I plugged radio in, put my email in for onstar and everything was ready to go.  I gained wireless car play and android auto.  I now have factory navigation now.  I retrofitted an oem wireless charger on my truck so it is really nice to just set my phone down and android auto automatically connects, no more wire.  I also retrofitted 360 cameras on my truck also with help of WAMS.  With this radio upgrade I gained the LTZ/HC  trailer app that (with my 360 upgrade) allows me to enter trailer dimensions for invisible trailer, jack knife warning and trailer blind spot warning.  This is truly smooth oem function.  WAMS is providing a brand new $800 radio (same that is in 2021 trucks) and a $300 sd card.  I think this is a great value for the programming and equipment you get, especially considering people are paying $600 for GPS only upgrade which is basically just a SD card.  Thank you WAMS for offering these very cool OEM solutions.

Really happy to see this! I’ll be on board with doing the same.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk