Well crap... catastrophic engine failure?

35 minutes ago, 1997SierraSLT said:

no CEL?  Probably not.  That is GM's get out of jail free card majority of the time and it is completely intentional.  GM chooses to not incorporate this logic into their software to limp their vehicles through the warranty period.  Then bend you over.

Does have a CEL but unfortunately, OnStar app shows nothing.  I'm guessing it's going to be a misfire code as it feels like it's running on 2 cylinders 

I don’t think it’s a spring issue.  When one spring goes these direct injected engines, the engine will barely run or not run.  How well does the engine run?   Just throwing it out there, check the plug wires and make sure they’re all on tight.  Hopefully it’s not a lifter issue.  

Edited by SILVER SLED

2 hours ago, CamGTP said:

What's a sales guy going to do?

It's not his problem, he's not the mechanic working on it.

Agreed.. it's not his problem.  He didn't design, engineer, or build the truck.  He just sold something he thought would be working.

@SILVER SLED, she barely can maintain idle.  CEL is on but OnStar says no issues.  I wasn't on it either;  I was at 50 mph and cruising when I felt what seemed like a flat tire at first.  Over a period of ~15 to 30 seconds it went from that to sounding like a lifter tick to a full-on bang sound.

Been a GM guy for 20+ years..... had two Fords with no issues.  This isn't leaving a good taste in my mouth

7 hours ago, stevejones said:

Eff that.  2500 miles?  I'd be texting my sales guy telling him to come get this POS & bring me another truck to drive...

And he would tell you to stuff it.  Not his problem.

6 hours ago, Steve-2019 said:

If it's still driveable and safe to do so, I'd keep on driving it til she blows.  That way you're sure to get a new engine. ?

Was driven less than 3/4 of a mile to get it somewhere safe to be stopped and then towed by dealer.  Will hopefully know more this week but what a shitty time to happen with the holidays and all