6.2 owners - Dual or Single Flapper

55 minutes ago, JohnH4260 said:

How does one delete or get rid of the flapper? 

Any muffler shop can get rid of them and weld pipes back in their place, especially if you plan on removing or replacing the muffler. A good aftermarket catback system will also take care of the flappers. I'll say this - there's an incredible difference in the way these trucks drive with the flappers gone. I did the muffler delete and left the flappers and have since moved to the Corsa catback system. It's a different truck now. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, JohnH4260 said:

How did you get rid of it?

Installed a borla atak cat back.

You can lock them in the open position to get a bit more sound but that wont completely remove the restriction. To remove it without doing something like a cat back would requiring cutting that section of the pipe out and welding in a new piece.

Although if a cat back fits your budget there are many other benefits over just removing the flapper.

• 2 weeks later...

Does anyone else notice this noise when in 4 cyl or less than 8 cyl mode?  Wondering if it is due to the flapper or flappers.  Edit:  Not my truck, found this on another thread, but sounds just like mine.

Edited by Troger

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I have a 2021 Trail Boss 6.2 and I only had one flapper before the muffler. This is what I did to get rid of mine. I cut all the 3" out and replaced it with a 3.5" Vibrant 304ss muffler and 304ss tubing. I debated getting the Borla touring cat back but I had a hard time justifying the cost. Plus i wanted to keep the resonators.

Edited by Firehawk99

• 2 years later...