2020 Silverado 1500 LT Trail Boss 5.3L V8

Wondering if anyone has had similar issues. I’ve had multiple problems out of my 2020... only has 9,000 miles and purchased in August. I’ve had nothing but issues with the dealership saying they can’t replicate, etc. I have to hold my steering wheel slightly to the right to drive straight. I’ve checked the tire pressure, tires have been rotated at dealer. I’ve heard of people having alignment issues straight from the dealer. I’ve drove it in different lanes, highways, back roads all the same. It’s like I have to constantly correct the steering. If I let the wheel go it goes straight for a short distance but then I have to correct again. Just doesn’t drive as smooth as when I first bought it and seems like the steering vibrates some. Any ideas?

First things first, go to discount tire and get your tires rotated for free.  You should do that every 5k miles anyways to keep your tread from wearing unevenly which can create funky handling characteristics.  If your vehicle is still pulling to the side, go to Firestone and get an alignment done.  I suggest a lifetime alignment from Firestone on the vehicle which will pay for itself over time, especially if you or your spouse is prone to hitting curbs and running over things.  Once you've rotated tires and verified proper steering and suspension geometry, its time to take it to the dealership and have them do a ride-along with you in the vehicle so that you can point out the discrepancies and have them verify what you are experiencing, don't let them test drive it without you..  Some technicians couldn't tell if a wheel was about to fall off while others are much more in tune to things.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Gangly said:

First things first, go to discount tire and get your tires rotated for free.  You should do that every 5k miles anyways to keep your tread from wearing unevenly which can create funky handling characteristics.  If your vehicle is still pulling to the side, go to Firestone and get an alignment done.  I suggest a lifetime alignment from Firestone on the vehicle which will pay for itself over time, especially if you or your spouse is prone to hitting curbs and running over things.  Once you've rotated tires and verified proper steering and suspension geometry, its time to take it to the dealership and have them do a ride-along with you in the vehicle so that you can point out the discrepancies and have them verify what you are experiencing, don't let them test drive it without you..  Some technicians couldn't tell if a wheel was about to fall off while others are much more in tune to things.

Thank you for the info! I’ll have to try that out and see if that helps me any. I had a tech ride with me after saying multiple times they didn’t hear anything. I got it to replicate once and he was like huh yeah that sounds weird then the other said it was normal. Or I take it to be fixed with an appointment then tell me they don’t have time to bring it back... I have had problems out of it popping underneath and finally after the third time and a different dealership they torqued the Ubolts and put leaf spring inserts in. Lasted like 3 weeks, I can hear popping again especially in slow speeds going over an uneven surface. I wonder if that would have anything to do with it as well? 

1 hour ago, Kimberly Crawford said:

Thank you for the info! I’ll have to try that out and see if that helps me any. I had a tech ride with me after saying multiple times they didn’t hear anything. I got it to replicate once and he was like huh yeah that sounds weird then the other said it was normal. Or I take it to be fixed with an appointment then tell me they don’t have time to bring it back... I have had problems out of it popping underneath and finally after the third time and a different dealership they torqued the Ubolts and put leaf spring inserts in. Lasted like 3 weeks, I can hear popping again especially in slow speeds going over an uneven surface. I wonder if that would have anything to do with it as well? 

Agree - the lifetime alignment at Firestone is well worth it.  You can have it aligned every week if you want.  I'd have them check the alignment on my old truck before every long trip and any other time I felt something was off.