Long time reader, now T1 owner

I've been watching prices for several months, and the right deal came for me to pull the trigger. Time to go from two vehicles (Grand Cherokee Overland and 2005 Silverado LT) to one. Traded in my Grand Cherokee for a CPO one-owner 2019 LTZ 5.3L with 5K miles on it. Why this one? Hard to find the color (silver or satin steel with black interior) and options I wanted (LTZ II package, Texas edition, sunroof). I was on a budget, had all of my figures known before shopping. After much negotiation, Norman Frede Chevrolet gave me a deal nobody else could touch.

I love the truck so far, and am surprised how much larger (longer, wider, and especially taller) it is than by 2005 Silvy.

Got 24mpg driving home at 70 to 75 mph (all highway) on mostly flat roads (Houston, TX area).

Lookin forward to learning from and contributing to this great forum.

GF75LX5L66AIOVFVQZSQQK5VR4-cr-1400.jpg

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, Chevrolet1 said:

I've been watching prices for several months, and the right deal came for me to pull the trigger. Time to go from two vehicles (Grand Cherokee Overland and 2005 Silverado LT) to one. Traded in my Grand Cherokee for a CPO one-owner 2019 LTZ 5.3L with 5K miles on it. Why this one? Hard to find the color (silver or satin steel with black interior) and options I wanted (LTZ II package, Texas edition, sunroof). I was on a budget, had all of my figures known before shopping. After much negotiation, Norman Frede Chevrolet gave me a deal nobody else could touch.

I love the truck so far, and am surprised how much larger (longer, wider, and especially taller) it is than by 2005 Silvy.

Got 24mpg driving home at 70 to 75 mph (all highway) on mostly flat roads (Houston, TX area).

Lookin forward to learning from and contributing to this great forum.

GF75LX5L66AIOVFVQZSQQK5VR4-cr-1400.jpg

Looks good!  Now, let me tell you all the things you need to do: custom tune, lift, bigger tires, etc....I'm just kidding.  Congratulations on your purchase, these T1 trucks are solid.

I like keeping my truck (LTZ Z71 3.0L Duramax) close to stock yet personalized touches here and there.  For example, I added a leveling kit, illuminated front black bowtie, and black lettering on the tailgate from BDTrims.  I use Chemical Guys products to keep the inside and outside in shape.  The VRP works wonders on the plastic trims.

Resized_20201231_102635.jpeg

Resized_20201225_152956.jpeg

Resized_20201225_181041.jpeg

Thanks btj_z71. The mods actually begin today (day after purchase), starting with making the front bowtie black! I like the illumination kit and may do that as well. More mods coming over time.

One thing I liked about my Grand Cherokee Overland was the interior lighting. It had subtle LED lights for the lower door pockets, around the center console cup holders, and a few other places that the Silverado has no lighting. Maybe, after the warranty expires, I'll play with that as well...

Edited by Chevrolet1

4 hours ago, Dunn said:

what was your warranty?....curious on used vehicles

It has a little over a year left on the factory warranty. The CPO added 12 mo / 12k miles to the bumper to bumper warranty, and extended the powertrain to 6 years / 100k miles with roadside assistance. There were other perks as well, but these were the warranty related benefits.

https://www.gmcertified.com/certified-vs-used 

15 hours ago, Dunn said:

so original factory warranty carries thru from original date of purchase no matter of owner changes?

Yes. I would have thought the warranty would start at the in service date, but they showed me that it starts at the delivery date. For my truck, the difference was only about 2 weeks.

"The Bumper-to-Bumper New Vehicle Limited Warranty covers vehicles registered in the U.S. from the date the vehicle is first delivered until it reaches 3 years or 36,000 miles, whichever occurs first."

Source: https://www.chevrolet.com/frequently-asked-questions#:~:text=The Bumper-to-Bumper New Vehicle Limited Warranty covers vehicles,in materials and%2For workmanship. 

Edited by Chevrolet1

1 hour ago, econometrics said:

Curious what kind of deal you got, OP. Most of the CPO pricing I have seen aint much better than just buying new with some of the decent rebates GM has run the past few months. 

Guess I may have been an exception here. Been looking at 2020 LTZ models with sunroof on sale since mid-January, and even with all the incentives on them, I saved double digits (5 figures).

7 minutes ago, Chevrolet1 said:

Guess I may have been an exception here. Been looking at 2020 LTZ models with sunroof on sale since mid-January, and even with all the incentives on them, I saved double digits (5 figures).

Nice! So what did you pay? ? 

How many miles are on the truck, too? 

21 minutes ago, econometrics said:

Nice! So what did you pay? ? 

How many miles are on the truck, too? 

High 30s, truck has 5k miles on it. Prior owner purchased it from the same dealership where I purchased it, just didn't drive it, then traded for a 2021 Tahoe in early Jan.