10 minutes ago, JoeyBones88 said:

Nice! No plan for long travel here, reading about not lifting more than 2.5” concerns me because my truck is an AT4 and came with rough country 2” level kit. So 4” over normal... I’d want the same height

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That level kit would come out, and the Kings would give you the same 2.5" lift (same as factory pretty much)

1 minute ago, JoeyBones88 said:

Right, but I want to keep it around 3.5-4”

BDS makes a great 4" kit with their FOX 2.5s. Id check them out. You keep the factory warranty as well

2 hours ago, JoeyBones88 said:

Yea I’ve checked their kit out. Wish they’d let me save some money by not having adjustable shocks.

I think the Comp Adj. is an option for the 2.5's, otherwise they are just resi's

I talked to the guys at Accutune.  They recommended Fox over Kings saying the bushings and joints were a little better.  I’m personally going to ride with the Bilstein 5100 setup.  I may swap out the coils later.
I think I’m sold on the Icon Delta Joints too.  They look solid and I think they will hold up well.  Plus they are fully serviceable.  If I went anymore than what I’m doing I’d probably go with the BDS 4” kit.  I’ll put some pics up when I get everything installed.  

1 hour ago, PGriss83 said:

I talked to the guys at Accutune.  They recommended Fox over Kings saying the bushings and joints were a little better.  I’m personally going to ride with the Bilstein 5100 setup.  I may swap out the coils later.
I think I’m sold on the Icon Delta Joints too.  They look solid and I think they will hold up well.  Plus they are fully serviceable.  If I went anymore than what I’m doing I’d probably go with the BDS 4” kit.  I’ll put some pics up when I get everything installed.  

Good luck dealing with Fox customer service. IMO both are great, but Kings are US made and have phenomenal customer service. Really no noticeable performance difference

1 hour ago, TheTicketTX said:

Good luck dealing with Fox customer service. IMO both are great, but Kings are US made and have phenomenal customer service. Really no noticeable performance difference

That makes a difference IMO.  I’ll keep that in mind if I go away from Bilsteins. 

I had Kings on my previous vehicle, a 4runner 5th gen. Loved them, worth every penny. Ran them with Icon delta joint UCAs, eventually replaced them with JBA UCAs (similar to Cognito's design). Didn't have the tools to replace the pressed in joints and would cost a couple hours of labor to get them rebuilt on top of the parts that needed replacing, about $400-500 total to rebuild. I rebuilt them once and sold them as a carcass when they needed a second. Sucked because I take pride in doing most of my mods myself but didn't make sense for me at the time.

Older (and wiser?) me likes the Cognito UCAs with bolt-on ball joints for easy replacement. Quieter than uniballs and easier to replace. The deltas were quiet but rebuilds were costly. Also doesn't hurt that every part on the UCA is greasible and rebuildable.

Fwiw, I'm hearing from my peeps that Kings are pushing a 40 week lead time. Not confirmed or validated in any way, this is from friends who have tried to order recently (I hear it's a supply chain issue.) 🤷‍♂️

Edited by Taco_Ninja
Photo

9 hours ago, PGriss83 said:

That makes a difference IMO.  I’ll keep that in mind if I go away from Bilsteins. 

If you're not ordering from a reputable tuning distributer (Accutune.. etc), you're up ****** creek w/ FOX if you have any issues, and prob looking at longer than the 40 week wait times Kings is currently having. FOX suspension is all manufactured in China.

9 hours ago, Taco_Ninja said:

I had Kings on my previous vehicle, a 4runner 5th gen. Loved them, worth every penny. Ran them with Icon delta joint UCAs, eventually replaced them with JBA UCAs (similar to Cognito's design). Didn't have the tools to replace the pressed in joints and would cost a couple hours of labor to get them rebuilt on top of the parts that needed replacing, about $400-500 total to rebuild. I rebuilt them once and sold them as a carcass when they needed a second. Sucked because I take pride in doing most of my mods myself but didn't make sense for me at the time.

Older (and wiser?) me likes the Cognito UCAs with bolt-on ball joints for easy replacement. Quieter than uniballs and easier to replace. The deltas were quiet but rebuilds were costly. Also doesn't hurt that every part on the UCA is greasible and rebuildable.

Fwiw, I'm hearing from my peeps that Kings are pushing a 40 week lead time. Not confirmed or validated in any way, this is from friends who have tried to order recently (I hear it's a supply chain issue.) 🤷‍♂️

I heard the same from a buddy of mine. How many miles you get out of the Delta Joints before you needed a replacement kit/joint?

• 4 weeks later...
On 4/19/2021 at 12:55 PM, Leevon said:

I have the Rough Country upper control arms with Fox 2.0 coilvers (1" over stock) on my Trail Boss.  They're OE type design, affordable, high quality and correct the ball joint angle.  For no more lift than you're doing I think they fit the bill.  

thumbnail_IMG_4352.jpg

Thanks for the info!

On 4/19/2021 at 1:55 PM, Leevon said:

I have the Rough Country upper control arms with Fox 2.0 coilvers (1" over stock) on my Trail Boss.  They're OE type design, affordable, high quality and correct the ball joint angle.  For no more lift than you're doing I think they fit the bill.  

thumbnail_IMG_4352.jpg

I see you wrote they are OEM type designed which is great. Are you currently running OEM wheels, and if so would 285/60/20 fit? More so just wondering about the width. I know AT4s and TB come with 275 wide but would 285 rub on the UCAs?

Thanks

i basically have bilstein 5100 AT4  suspension and picked up Cognito UCA......reason is replaceable joint and they fit with stock wheels.........they were $399 pair......my tires are 275/60 or 65/R20....whatever the elevation wheel is

any UCA is better than stock......they really are cheap once you see them off the truck, i was actually kinda shocked.....a soda pop can is first thing i thought of when i got my stock UCAs back.....

• Thanks 1

• 7 months later...