Trade In Values Insane!

On 6/10/2021 at 10:28 PM, wurgs said:

Prices are still insane. I am trading my 2019 Denali for a 2021 AT4 tomorrow. I paid $58400 for it back on Halloween 2019 and they are giving me $58000 for trade. $400 for owning it just under 20 months. Crazy.

Yes but I'm sure you are paying sticker or very close to it for the AT4 so it kinda equals out.

I got $10,000 off sticker for my AT4 last September. Nowhere near that much off if I bought today!

i just got 39K... yes $39,000 for a 2018 crew cab LT Z71 with 33k on the clock on trade for a diesel elevation. Was able to get 5600 off the elevation with rebates and supplier pricing. The best part of the whole deal, i bought the 18 in jan of 19 so it was the outgoing model for 32,500 (17500 in rebates). Its literally batshit crazy, how can they pay these prices for used trucks? with that said im not complaining haha

I just traded in my 2015 crew cab All-Terrain HD  3 weeks ago.  I owned it for 4 1/5 years and I had 128,000 miles on it and they gave me $2k less than what I originally paid for it.  CRAZY!

When I did the KBB check, I had 6 or so dealerships all contacting me to buy my truck.  

7 hours ago, steelcity said:

Yes but I'm sure you are paying sticker or very close to it for the AT4 so it kinda equals out.

I got $10,000 off sticker for my AT4 last September. Nowhere near that much off if I bought today!

Actually got about $5000 off sticker and the offer was $3000-$5000 higher on the trade in then 4 other dealerships I was working with. Still a better deal than I could have gotten around here last year.

7 hours ago, youcantkeepup! said:

i just got 39K... yes $39,000 for a 2018 crew cab LT Z71 with 33k on the clock on trade for a diesel elevation. Was able to get 5600 off the elevation with rebates and supplier pricing. The best part of the whole deal, i bought the 18 in jan of 19 so it was the outgoing model for 32,500 (17500 in rebates). Its literally batshit crazy, how can they pay these prices for used trucks? with that said im not complaining haha

It's crazy with what they are giving for these trades. Last month I traded in my 18 Silverado Crew LT Z71 with roughly 500 less miles than you and I got $38K trade in + the tax rebate was about $2600 on top of that. Just sucks though that in a way not getting too much off of the new vehicles MSRP, ends up a bit of a wash when you look at the grand picture. I got lucky when I bought my RAM because Chrysler was doing 0% for 72 months and they were doing $4500 off MSRP. Then weeks later, some dealers were only giving $500-1000 off MSRP only.

While many of got really good deals on our trades, I so still feel like in the end that we do get a bit screwed once everything levels out as they will depreciate much faster once the prices get to normal. The only thing that really helps someone like you and myself is that we had some nice amount of equity to help offset that.

bought my Elevation in Feb for 49k OTD with 100% finance ( MSRP 52k or 54k with addendums).....can trade it in for 52-54k ..regretted getting rid of 2020 2500  ( which i sold for profit to in feb to carvana) problem is 2500s are 9k over MSRP ( they call it a tax and list it in fine print, not on website or true car offers) but have actually found more than a few that fit, either that or getting another 1500 with preferred pkg......really miss that feature along with driver alert 1.....think 1500 are bout 4k off but 2500s are like gold right now

I'll add my truck to the trade in pile too... 2020 RST Z71 with 3.0 diesel 25k on the odometer. Paid 45k for it last year in March. Took it to the dealer on Monday and got 54k for it. Traded it in on a 2021 RST Z71 with 3.0 diesel, but this truck had leather and sliding rear window (and in the color I originally wanted). Got dealer to give me GM Supplier discount and 3k GM incentive. I'm sure I could have ended up grinding them down a little more, but who cares... at the end of the day my payoff was 31k and I financed 29k. A new truck and a "gain" of 2k. Timing is key here as they had just taken delivery of the truck I bought. What a crazy world!

2019 AT4 fully loaded..

43,000 miles

dealer gave me a check for 56k!  handing her  in tomorrow.

will order a 2022 when supply levels out.

BUY LOW

SELL HIGH!!!!!!!!

• Like 2

I just sold mine back to the dealer.  My sticker price was $66,970 - loaded AT4 with 3.0.  I purchased it for $57,067.46(with taxes $59,859.18) in August of 2020 - $6k incentive, plus GM teacher discount(wife professor).  I put 16k miles on it and sold it yesterday for $60,950.  I'm pleased

1 hour ago, 85CJ said:

I just sold mine back to the dealer.  My sticker price was $66,970 - loaded AT4 with 3.0.  I purchased it for $57,067.46(with taxes $59,859.18) in August of 2020 - $6k incentive, plus GM teacher discount(wife professor).  I put 16k miles on it and sold it yesterday for $60,950.  I'm pleased

Now what are going to buy???  Edit:  Never mind, I just read your other post that you'll be buying a 2022.

Edited by Steve-2019

Hello everyone, I hope all is well in the GM fam. I’ve been looking through some topics and I wanted to share my experience I’ve had with this. I recently traded in my 2017 Sierra SLT all terrain package for a 2021 Sierra Denali baby dura and boy do I love this truck! I bought my 2017 brand new sticker price 57k with incentives during that time it brought the truck down to 45k so I traded in my 2014 (which I also bought brand new at the time) for that sweet sweet beautiful truck. Like this topic starts I randomly stumbled on to the value of my truck on KBB and it was prices at 42k-45k  after 4 years of ownership granted my drive to work is only 2 miles from my house (30k miles on the truck).  After going to 3 separate dealers in my area all of them are also doing the mark ups for the 2021 models anywhere between 2.5k - 5k. Anyone in their right mind should never pay for a mark up over MSRP, if you do you’re making a huge mistake. So yes there is inflation that is driving the prices of the used car market through the roof and the dealers know this and try to blame it on the “chip shortage”.  I did find a dealer that was not marking up their trucks over MSRP but they did not want to give me what my truck is currently valued at from these car sources. In my case I refuse to pay anything over MSRP and so the search began to find a dealer that was not doing the mark ups. I ended up finding one 2 hours away from where I currently live and that’s where I went. On the dealers website they had a “value my trade in” options which they used KBB. They gave me 43k on my trade in (I still owed 20k) and I was able to get the incentives off my new Tri-coat white Denali baby dura. What I’ve learned is if you want to get a deal done without the so called “mark up” and get full value for your truck you need to go to a more rural area that won’t mark up theirs trucks to get people to come and buy. For those who are wanting to trade in there 2020’s to make 2k-3k off the top you’re making a grave mistake… nothing, and I mean nothing will ever put the same smile on my face as hopping into my Denali every morning for work. You can’t put a price on happiness! FYI if you’re going to go with the current incentives you have to finance through GM to get the 5k off. The lowest interest rate that they offer to my understanding is 4.2% I ended up getting a 5% rate with a 790 credit score. It made no difference to me because I was going to refinance anyway. There is a catch, you have to make 6 payments before you can actually refinance without penalty so this is something to think about if you do choose to buy right now. 

My dealer called me a couple of months ago about my 2019 Silverado (30ish thousand miles) and said they "needed" my truck back.  My guy said he had a new 2021 RST (silver metallic with black accents, Bose, etc), and would get me in and out with a lower car payment if I came in that weekend.  Needless to say, I love my new RST.  Supply and demand strike again.