Auto Mirror unfolding on approach

We just picked up a new 2022 Kia Telluride that has a feature where as you walk up to it with the key, the mirrors open up, and then close when you lock it.

My 2019 GMC Sierra SLT has power folding mirrors, but I have to push the button on the door to both open and close the mirrors. 

Is there any way to add auto-folding/unfolding with a program or something similar?  Its a pretty cool feature...

I wish. My optima had the same thing you speak and it was great.  I know you can hold the lock button on the fob and it will fold them in but there is no way to automatically fold and unfold when locking/unlocking.

My 2019 can do it.  There is a setting in the Vehicle (I think) settings on the main screen.  I believe you have to double tap either lock or unlock on the key fob to do it, once the setting is completed.

Edited by vancealot29

1 hour ago, vancealot29 said:

My 2019 can do it.  There is a setting in the Vehicle (I think) settings on the main screen.  I believe you have to double tap either lock or unlock on the key fob to do it, once the setting is completed.

Right, you can do it from the fob - but I'm looking to have the vehicle sense that my key is close and open them automatically...

Seems like it could be done - but probably not worth the effort/time/cost to make it happen post build... :)

To unfold the mirrors while walking to the truck, push and hold the fob unlock button.

I'm a sometimes user of this feature.

I've never figured out a way to move the mirrors with the lock/unlock button on the outside of the door.

Remote Mirror Folding

If equipped, press and hold 'lock'  on the RKE transmitter for approximately one second to remotely fold the exterior mirrors.

Press and hold 'unlock' on the RKE transmitter for approximately one second to unfold. 

This feature can be turned on or off.

See Vehicle Personalization pg  130. 

Of course they can also be folded/unfolded using the button on the inside of the door.

image.png.c968a46e1450682d6103de12bab7db57.png

3 hours ago, Chris Callanan said:

Right, you can do it from the fob - but I'm looking to have the vehicle sense that my key is close and open them automatically...

Seems like it could be done - but probably not worth the effort/time/cost to make it happen post build... :)

Got it.  Misunderstood your initial post.  I agree that any mod would not be cost efficient, if even possible.  I guess I've always been a creature of habit using a key fob, it doesn't bother me.

• Like 1

On 8/3/2021 at 11:43 AM, Chris Callanan said:

Why have them unfold when you approach? You don't need them to get into the vehicle. Only when you start to drive correct?

On 8/3/2021 at 11:28 PM, Greyhound6.2 said:

On my 20 sierra I believe there is a setting to fold and unfold the mirrors when you go in and out of park. 

I've seen that feature for the door locks, but so far not for the mirror fold/unfold.

On 8/3/2021 at 9:44 AM, vancealot29 said:

Right, but those with push button start hardly ever touch their fob.  I pretty much leave it in my pocket.  It would be nice if it worked by putting it in and out of park as was mentioned.

• 4 weeks later...
On 8/3/2021 at 12:45 AM, Chris Callanan said:

We just picked up a new 2022 Kia Telluride that has a feature where as you walk up to it with the key, the mirrors open up, and then close when you lock it.

My 2019 GMC Sierra SLT has power folding mirrors, but I have to push the button on the door to both open and close the mirrors. 

Is there any way to add auto-folding/unfolding with a program or something similar?  Its a pretty cool feature...

Same question. This can be done on BMWs with a coding app.  I can’t find anything similar for GM.