6.2 Muffler/ Flapper delete- not great

On 9/7/2021 at 8:25 AM, TNTSilverado said:

Best exhaust out there in my opinion. Love my Corsa. Unreal how quiet it is at highway speeds. Can’t tell there is exhaust on it till you punch it. Then a big smile rolls up onto my face!  Enjoy/Congrats. 

Yes, nice a quiet running down the interstate, even pulling my 10'x20' 4klbs trailer.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

I can relate to the "If it's too loud, you're too old" comment.  I am only 38, and up until 4-5 years ago, it was all about how loud can I make it.  These days, I appreciate the quiet. 

Another issue is that I end up doing a lot of business calls in my truck these days, so having a loud exhaust would be less than desirable.    

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/31/2021 at 12:37 PM, AJ Sullivan said:

I can relate to the "If it's too loud, you're too old" comment.  I am only 38, and up until 4-5 years ago, it was all about how loud can I make it.  These days, I appreciate the quiet. 

Another issue is that I end up doing a lot of business calls in my truck these days, so having a loud exhaust would be less than desirable.    

you want what's called the "Gentleman's note" in your exhaust

• 1 month later...

I did a muffler delete on my 6.2 Trail Boss, asked him to leave one flapper but he took both.  It was too loud.  Put one flapper back and now it's perfect.  Buddy did muffler delete on his 6.2 AT4 and left both flappers, it's close to what a GMPP cat-back sounds like.  

Edited by Leevon

On 9/3/2021 at 2:41 PM, lpg said:

after watching a bunch of videos and reading on here, cut the flappers and muffler off. Outside the truck sounds amazing, problem is how loud the cab is, from everything I read and saw online, on the interior, the muffler delete was barely noticable. Not the case at all.

Has anyone gone from delete to new muffler? ( big block 50, borla, etc). Think the truck is going to be unbearably loud inside while pulling a trailer. Looking to either put an aftermarket muffler back, or go straight borla touring.

Hope someone else avoids the same mistake or at least reads this and realizes how loud it will be inside.

It aint that bad i have true dual straights with basically fake mufflers and a x pipe.  

• 3 weeks later...

Does anyone notice the engine/exhaust going silent when letting off the gas? Not just not very loud, but silent.  On decel my exhaust goes silent, then roars back to life at about 5 mph when coming to a stop, not touching the gas pedal.  It’s strange.  

I'm still trying to figure out why some 6.2's have 2 flappers and some have 1. My 21 Custom Trail Boss 6.2 only had 1. I chopped it off along with the muffler on the 3rd day I owned it and put the Magnaflow muffler delete pipe on. I love the sound.