Fitting a Road Bike into Yukon

I am moving from a Ford F-150 truck to GMC.  I really want the Heads Up Display and the camera in the mirror.   Ford doesn't offer this on any models. Other saftey features are better on the GMC. At first I was looking only at the Denali truck.  However, as I'm retired now, I don't haul much (including kids).  So, buying a truck means, for me, having all of that truck bed that is rarely used.  I also have to buy a cover for the bed!  Was thinking - why not look at the Yukon.  No need to buy a cover for the bed.

One thing that I really liked about the F-150 was that with the rear seats folded up I could stand my road bike upright in the back seat without taking any wheels off.  Just roll her in and roll her out.  Extremely convenient.  After watching dozens of YouTube videos on the Yukon I can't tell if there would be room to stand a road bike upright in back of the driver/passenger seats.  I thought....I know who would know this - owners in this Forum of 2021 or older Yukons.  I'm quite sure that if I went with the Denali truck I'd have no problem standing up the bike behind the driver.  However, I don't need that truck bed.  Of course, I don't really need all of those seats (3rd row) either.  So torn between the truck and the Yukon.  

Thoughts on the bike?

13 minutes ago, mdavis501 said:

Thank you for taking the time to try this.  Your results surprised me.  Works so easily in my ford, but I can see doesn't work here.  Maybe I have to go with the GMC Denali truck.

Having the suburban I can lay it down in the back with the seats down with no issues.  Not sure if a Tahoe would work the same.

• Like 1

I like the extra space in the Suburban. If GMC would look into Yukon XL.

I really like the extra security with the enclosed rear area. Would work great for a bike. I came from a Denali 1500 pickup.