MIL is illuminated with DTC P050D on a Cold Start

Reciently the Check Engine Lamp (MIL) came on at start and remainded on with no noticable engine running rough.  The error codes were read which indicated 400+ Cold Start error codes on Cylinder No.3.  Their are several GM Service Bulletins (PIP5498M, PIP5628E) on this subject V8 on engines from 2000-2022.  The bulletins indicate the "Cold Start" causes misfires due to coolant entering the at the liner to deck face casting or the casting line in the intake port of the cylinder head, in my case No. 3.  The GM Service bulletins indicate "engine replacement" is needed to fix this problem.  I have been very happy about this vehicle however, at 67K miles, this type of issue should NOT be occuring.  Apparently GM has know about this problem since 2000-2020 model years described on the attached Service Bulletins.

After Two days of MIL being ON, the lamp is now OFF.  My question is how can the problem described repair itself and could the diagonistic codes be attributed to another problem?  I was under the impression that once the diagonistic code is initiated, the only method of turning OFF the MIL is by resetting or clearing the codes.

PIP5498M.pdf PIP5498M.pdf