18 hours ago, Firehawk99 said:

Well I tried this and my truck ran like crap! It was shifting all wonky and started hard. I put them back in and it's back to normal. I have a 21 6.2 trail boss.

I think the fuse numbers are for the 5.3l.     The 6.2l might be different.

The images below are from pages 352-354 in my 2021 GMC Sierra owners manual. In the engine compartment fuse box, it shows #60 and #67 are the Active Fuel Management 1 and Active Fuel Management 2 fuses. Maybe there’s another system involved as well. 

054858C1-D349-4FBE-BED9-F98DB474D369.jpeg

EB5C8F19-6556-4F7D-8FEF-3BF953F783B2.jpeg

D979D0BA-671D-41DA-A930-CF3E7C01D056.jpeg

On 12/19/2021 at 3:42 PM, voided3 said:

Driving in L7 on the 8-speed or L9 on the 10-speed does disable DFM on the L84 5.3 or L87 6.2 with DFM.

Driving in L8 on the 8-speed or L10 on the 10-speed, however, does not; you have to lock out the final overdrive gear to disable it. Driving in L8 or L10 is the same as D on these trucks.

Sorry if it's a dumb question but what does driving in L7 do? The truck only shifts gears 1 through 7? Is DFM beneficial when traveling long distance and disable DFM (L7) when driving around town?

On 12/28/2021 at 10:51 AM, RedLT said:

Sorry if it's a dumb question but what does driving in L7 do? The truck only shifts gears 1 through 7? Is DFM beneficial when traveling long distance and disable DFM (L7) when driving around town?

Correct, using "L" limits your gear range. If you have L1 through L7 selected, DFM is disabled. If you are driving in D or L8, DFM is active. I drive in L7 all of the time, but our highway speed limits are only 55-65 around here. Our truck with the 3.23 rear end turns 1900 RPM at 65 MPH in 7th gear and I still squeak out 19 to 20 MPG on the highway.

1 hour ago, BlancoSilverado said:

I might try this in the next few days,

I do have a scan tool that tells me if the DFM is activated and which cylinders they are activated. I will also post any codes that become present. 

looking forward to the results.

8 hours ago, BlancoSilverado said:

I might try this in the next few days,

I do have a scan tool that tells me if the DFM is activated and which cylinders they are activated. I will also post any codes that become present. 

Please do! Nobody has been able to know for sure if this works. I'd like to know 100%