Any lifter failures in 5.3 without DFM

Was interested if any of the trucks shipped without DFM have had any lifter failures? Understand they have all the same mechanical parts so am concerned as I have a 2021 Sierra with a May build date. Outside the known date but since the hours were high compared to the miles thinking it may have been one that was idle tested.

12 hours ago, Nutmeg said:

Was interested if any of the trucks shipped without DFM have had any lifter failures? Understand they have all the same mechanical parts so am concerned as I have a 2021 Sierra with a May build date. Outside the known date but since the hours were high compared to the miles thinking it may have been one that was idle tested.

Yes.

13 hours ago, Supreme Pizza said:

Yes.

Well that kills a couple of the theories. Do you know if they are using the standard DFM lifters as replacement or a different design since the DFM is not active.

On 12/31/2021 at 1:07 PM, Nutmeg said:

Have yet to see any with failure.  

On 1/1/2022 at 1:29 AM, Supreme Pizza said:

Yes.

Got any examples of lifter failure of a factory DFM disabled truck?  We've sold a bunch, some over 10K on them, no failures.  

On 1/1/2022 at 2:58 PM, Nutmeg said:

Well that kills a couple of the theories. Do you know if they are using the standard DFM lifters as replacement or a different design since the DFM is not active.

No.  Same mechanicals.  ECM is missing the parts to operate DFM.  

Edited by newdude
  • Like 1

Good to hear some positive news. Have 2k on mine and want to see a whole lot more. Have a oil pressure question. My 5.3 no DFM from factory, has 90 lbs oil pressure on a cold start, normally runs down the road just below 60, and drops to 30 or a hair under at idle. Is this what others have seen on theirs? 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Nutmeg said:

Good to hear some positive news. Have 2k on mine and want to see a whole lot more. Have a oil pressure question. My 5.3 no DFM from factory, has 90 lbs oil pressure on a cold start, normally runs down the road just below 60, and drops to 30 or a hair under at idle. Is this what others have seen on theirs? 

Yes

13 hours ago, Nutmeg said:

Normal

You can check the RPO codes, I also read its on the window sticker as a $50 credit.  Check some of the older posts about it they list what to look for.

Try this for starters.

Edited by WeGone