Do all Sierra 1500 AT4 model come equipped with sport mode?

I had the dealership run the VIN number and they said the truck was built without sport mode.  He said he confirmed it with the service department.  They told him that since the truck was manufactured that way that they could not override the current configuration and reprogram the computer to have it.   He said someone may have an aftermarket tuner than can.

Either way its really not that big of a deal as I never use the sport mode in our caddilac.  It was must more of a nerd question than anything.  I would guess that whoever said they are cutting standard options and raising prices in 2022 is correct.  Although I cant image that it would cost GMC that much more to program with sport mode than without.  Probably somehow related to increased warranty work.  Maybe push rod problem???

Thanks for the replies!

Edited by sptsman79

I have a 2022 LTD AT4 with the 3.0L diesel and it does have the sport mode.  I would go back to the theory on the tires.  What size rims did you get on yours?  I ordered the 20" version and received a $200 credit as they did not install the MT tires from the factory.  Interesting.  Mine was built the 1st day of production back in October.

11 hours ago, hardwareguy2068 said:

I have a 2022 LTD AT4 with the 3.0L diesel and it does have the sport mode.  I would go back to the theory on the tires.  What size rims did you get on yours?  I ordered the 20" version and received a $200 credit as they did not install the MT tires from the factory.  Interesting.  Mine was built the 1st day of production back in October.

So weird, so I have a 2022 Ltd AT4 3.0 diesel too. Mine came with the 18” and duratrac (also I swapped my elevation 20” over)

i do not have sport mode or touring. What the heck lol

4FCAAC5B-1C0A-4464-9C73-87F1F753558F.jpeg

tires have nothing to do with it, its in the tranny.......chip shortage or screw up at factory maybe idk.......seems very odd

all AT4s should have it, 2 trims down have it......

when i owned both my 1500s i actually ran it sport mode alot.......i would want it if i paid that much coin for a truck thats supposed to have it

1 hour ago, Dunn said:

tires have nothing to do with it, its in the tranny.......chip shortage or screw up at factory maybe idk.......seems very odd

all AT4s should have it, 2 trims down have it......

when i owned both my 1500s i actually ran it sport mode alot.......i would want it if i paid that much coin for a truck thats supposed to have it

:bs:

It has nothing to do with chips. All programing/tuning is stored in the ecm & tcm; no additional chips are needed. 

Edited by M1ck3y

On 1/8/2022 at 8:17 PM, ian cloutier said:

So weird, so I have a 2022 Ltd AT4 3.0 diesel too. Mine came with the 18” and duratrac (also I swapped my elevation 20” over)

i do not have sport mode or touring. What the heck lol

4FCAAC5B-1C0A-4464-9C73-87F1F753558F.jpeg

Check again in 2HI. You are in Auto 4WD in that photo

• 4 months later...

I don't think there is a 'touring ' mode, just a 'normal' mode.

Driver Mode Control
Driver Mode Control (DMC) allows the driver to adjust the overall driving experience to
better suit preference by adjusting multiple systems to fit specific driving needs. Drive
mode availability and affected vehicle subsystems are dependent upon vehicle trim
level, region, and optional features. 

Modes:
Normal Mode

Sport Mode

Snow/Ice Mode

Off-Road Mode

Tow/Haul Mode

Terrain Mode

I can't say for sure if it's tire related, but specific tire RPO codes were listed in the GM bulletin I was given when I asked about the inaccessible 'Sport Mode' on my '22 Limited AT4.

GM Bulletin #PIT5871 Unable To Select Sport Mode
Document ID:  5929555

GM Bulletin pg1.jpg

GM Bulletin pg2.jpg

I just got a 2022 LT TB and it came without sport mode and DFM.  To be honest, I never really used sport mode on my 2019 T1 except for a handful of times for fun.  I'm kind of bummed about no DFM but it is what it is; still getting ~12 in the city.

Edited by Street Queen