Help with my 99 silverado

Marts99Silverado

Question

Hello all, first and foremost thanks for your time to stop by and read and help if it applies to you. 

so I have a 99 Silverado with a 5.3 in it. Also I have a 04 Silverado that I recently acquired. The windshield washer reservoir was cracked on my 04. So I began to pull out the reservoir in my 99 to put in my 04. After I buttoned up everything. I was putting the 99 back together and once I hooked the battery up. I tried to start it. And I didn’t get anything other than “tic tic tic tic tic” like as if the battery was dead. I put my newer battery in it and still same thing. Do you guys have any idea on what could be causing this. Anything helps. Thanks so much 

3 answers to this question

My guess is you've got a corroded cable - either the positive, negative, or both. By moving them around to swap batteries, the fractured connection is now broken.

Either that or both your batteries don't have the amperage to spin the starter.

Get rid of those emergency clamps. They're nothing but trouble, especially if they salt the roads there. Even just with moisture they fail. I just repaired the exact same problem on a Ford 1720 tractor yesterday.

Also, that positive (I think - can't really tell 100%) terminal looks like it got red hot! Heat = very high resistance.

Edited by Jsdirt

23 hours ago, Jsdirt said:

My guess is you've got a corroded cable - either the positive, negative, or both. By moving them around to swap batteries, the fractured connection is now broken.

Either that or both your batteries don't have the amperage to spin the starter.

Both posts seem to have corrosion on them. But nothing extreme. And after I tried my other battery in it and it failed I put it back in my 04 and it started without hesitation 

image.jpg