Show us your 2022 refresh Silverado/Sierra

4 hours ago, Chevyguy273 said:

Absolutely stunning truck 🛻. I love the glacier blue metallic!! The interior is beautiful. I love the column shifter in my 2020 LTZ Crew Cab. But the new shifter goes great with the new interior. This is tough. I absolutely love the ZR2 in glacier blue metallic. My dealership offered me stupid money for my truck in a trade. I would miss my column shifter. But that freakin interior is sexy. Nice truck sir! Well done mate!!

Thank you very much. You'll like the console shifter. It's not like your typical shifter. Thanks again.

6 hours ago, Chevyguy273 said:

Absolutely stunning truck 🛻. I love the glacier blue metallic!! The interior is beautiful. I love the column shifter in my 2020 LTZ Crew Cab. But the new shifter goes great with the new interior. This is tough. I absolutely love the ZR2 in glacier blue metallic. My dealership offered me stupid money for my truck in a trade. I would miss my column shifter. But that freakin interior is sexy. Nice truck sir! Well done mate!!

Definitely don’t let the new shifter be something that stops you from upgrading if you really want to and the money is right on your trade. I had the column shifter on a couple prior GM trucks and then had an Audi S5 in between so I didn’t go directly from column to the new shifter but I like it. Just make sure you look to see that it goes all the way into reverse, I’ve not pushed it up all the way and revved it up a little in neutral. Shifting is smooth though. 

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, Gottsmoney said:

Definitely don’t let the new shifter be something that stops you from upgrading if you really want to and the money is right on your trade. I had the column shifter on a couple prior GM trucks and then had an Audi S5 in between so I didn’t go directly from column to the new shifter but I like it. Just make sure you look to see that it goes all the way into reverse, I’ve not pushed it up all the way and revved it up a little in neutral. Shifting is smooth though. 

Agree.  Once you get used to it, it's awesome.  I love it.

I was snooping around to see if I could find a High Country and go see if I could trade my 22 LTD HC with 1800 miles and not take a bath on it.

There is nothing comparable within 1000 miles. Not many High Countrys at all anywhere. In transit is where most are currently. 

Some are not optioned up at all (sticker price $63,000 to $66,000)

If I do it the truck has to be absolutely loaded .

Then I ran across this one at Terry Labonte Chevrolet. 

Oh my.

I'll probably just wait until 2023 models come out. Hopefully there will be more selection. 

I'm not ordering one either. 

Screenshot_20220419-183658_Drive.jpg

@dieselfan1

Just wait a year! Be patient! Let the recession hit and then you can choose what you want! This market can not sustain itself much longer. My people tell me by next March it's not looking good at all.😒

The new interior is very nice, but there is no way in HELL I am trading up just for the interior, and a nip/tuck job on the front end. (BTW, I am not bashing anyone who chose too or is choosing too! Just stating my opinion) 

I go by the quote, "Good things come to people who wait!!" or "Patience is the key to virtue

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I hear you TNT.

Don't get me wrong , I absolutely love the truck I have and really don't have to get a new one. Mine is only less than two months old with 1800 miles. It's loaded as could be for a LTD , only missing the multi tailgate which I don't like anyways.

But the new dash is cool.

I'm still on the fence about the bowtie being moved up on the grille. It looks out of place.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, dieselfan1 said:

I hear you TNT.

Don't get me wrong , I absolutely love the truck I have and really don't have to get a new one. Mine is only less than two months old with 1800 miles. It's loaded as could be for a LTD , only missing the multi tailgate which I don't like anyways.

I'm still on the fence about the bowtie being moved up on the grille. It looks out of place.

You have a beautiful truck. Identical to mine except for wheels, and few other options!  Which I am planning on getting the "snowflake" wheels here in near future, but waiting for market to go down. Buddy sells them and he states to wait a bit! 

Also, just read this..... a new diesel engine is coming next year as well

https://gmauthority.com/blog/2022/04/2023-chevy-silverado-duramax-diesel-to-get-new-lz0-engine/

It wouldn't surprise me either if a new "breed" of V8's are coming as well! 

On 4/20/2022 at 9:05 AM, dieselfan1 said:

I hear you TNT.

I’m kinda like you. I love my 2020 LTZ crew cab Z-71 with the 6.2, and I don’t need a new one either. But I love the new interior and every freakin time I see the glacier blue metallic ZR2 in the new Chevy commercial I literally lose all self control and I want to drive to my longtime Chevy dealership and say. Ok order me one of those Smurf blue trucks 🛻 please. And take my beautiful column shifter in trade. 

• Haha 1

SO glad I resisted the urge to capitalize on the high trade/sale value of my 2019 RST in early 2021 when there were still new trucks to trade for. The redesigned front ends look so good on both Chevy and GMC. I always felt the Chevy looked best on the T1s until now. I think GMC moved in front on the front ends. 

But the interiors... wow. I can't wait to trade my 2019 in. As much as I would love a ZR2, I think the best bang-for-buck with the most options is the AT4 optioned out. 

It's stupid the ZR2 doesn't come with a cat-back exhaust. I noticed all the tester ZR2 Chevy used recently with the bloggers in the desert had Borla cat-backs. All the vloggers were gushing over the 6.2L's excellent exhaust notes. 

For what I'm wanting in options, I can spec out an AT4 for $70,700. The same options with a ZR2 is $73,700. Okay, I don't get electronic lockers and DSSV shocks. I wouldn't ever need either of those. 

With that extra $3K, I can add a cat-back and put some bigger tires on, still coming out saving some $.

And... I think I'll wait until later in 2022, as I want to see what this LM0 Duramax looks like... as well as GM opening up more color options. The color options on some of these trim levels on Chevy and GMC are really limited. 

5 hours ago, econometrics said:

SO glad I resisted the urge to capitalize on the high trade/sale value of my 2019 RST in early 2021 when there were still new trucks to trade for. The redesigned front ends look so good on both Chevy and GMC. I always felt the Chevy looked best on the T1s until now. I think GMC moved in front on the front ends. 

But the interiors... wow. I can't wait to trade my 2019 in. As much as I would love a ZR2, I think the best bang-for-buck with the most options is the AT4 optioned out. 

It's stupid the ZR2 doesn't come with a cat-back exhaust. I noticed all the tester ZR2 Chevy used recently with the bloggers in the desert had Borla cat-backs. All the vloggers were gushing over the 6.2L's excellent exhaust notes. 

For what I'm wanting in options, I can spec out an AT4 for $70,700. The same options with a ZR2 is $73,700. Okay, I don't get electronic lockers and DSSV shocks. I wouldn't ever need either of those. 

With that extra $3K, I can add a cat-back and put some bigger tires on, still coming out saving some $.

The Sierra refresh front end to me looks better than the '22 LTD Sierra. Glad they changed the hideous clown looking grille. I like the Silverado refresh front end and the projector low beams. However, I still can't bring myself to like the Sierra funky SIM card shaped fender wells and the cheap looking plastic fender well trim. I think the Silverado round wells look better and cleaner. GM should've changed the Sierra fender wells. 

• Like 1

I actually prefer the pre-refresh Sierra front end more. I think the new grill looks like it has a big smiley face now but looks are subjective and it may grow on me. I’m also not sure about the bow tie logo up so high on the grill of the new Silverado. Something looks off to me on that. All the other changes are great though. 

31 minutes ago, Low Elevation said:

I actually prefer the pre-refresh Sierra front end more. I think the new grill looks like it has a big smiley face now but looks are subjective and it may grow on me. I’m also not sure about the bow tie logo up so high on the grill of the new Silverado. Something looks off to me on that. All the other changes are great though. 

Bowtie in person looks nice.  Here's my take on the Sierra LTD.  A big smiling clown face and LTD/current fender wells.  That just kills the Sierra for me.  

1_Screenshot_2019-07-16-16-40-07-1.png.6ccc28b719a459d5a961e76c3df330fc.png

0_Screenshot_2019-07-16-15-57-10-1.thumb.png.1e05b152eac5d5ff145556e0990814ee.png

3_Screenshot_2019-07-16-16-42-10-1.png.6769ef422a958500f9eac80335824452.png

5d2e49fb2c4a1_2_Screenshot_2019-07-16-15-54-03-12.thumb.png.ed2c5bc26a57979a82bf652292d33fbb.png

2 hours ago, mafd2 said:

Bowtie in person looks nice.  Here's my take on the Sierra LTD.  A big smiling clown face and LTD/current fender wells.  That just kills the Sierra for me.  

1_Screenshot_2019-07-16-16-40-07-1.png.6ccc28b719a459d5a961e76c3df330fc.png

0_Screenshot_2019-07-16-15-57-10-1.thumb.png.1e05b152eac5d5ff145556e0990814ee.png

3_Screenshot_2019-07-16-16-42-10-1.png.6769ef422a958500f9eac80335824452.png

5d2e49fb2c4a1_2_Screenshot_2019-07-16-15-54-03-12.thumb.png.ed2c5bc26a57979a82bf652292d33fbb.png

Whats that sim card for?  The refreshes for both gmc and chevy are hideous and the interior sucks on the refreshes. The old interior is far superior.