Show us your 2022 refresh Silverado/Sierra

1 minute ago, Anon12345 said:

Whats that sim card for?  The refreshes for both gmc and chevy are hideous and the interior sucks on the refreshes. The old interior is far superior. 

Old interior far superior?  That's erroneous and ridiculous..  What's "far superior" about the LTD?   Once you experience it and have one you'll say different.  It's awesome how the cluster can be configured the way you want, larger HD screen and everything else is better despite what you think or what pics you've seen. Yes pics because apparently you don't have one.  The T1 interior was dated and sucked when it debuted in '19.  It was behind then.  You can keep you're dated T1 interior and column shift and I'll enjoy this one. And the SIM card is what the Sierra fender wells look like. That's hideous, not the refresh interiors.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Anon12345 said:

The refresh interiors are garbage because all digital gauge cluster is a terrible idea.  What happens if it fails? Now you have no indication of speed rpm engine temp fuel etc.  Analog is far superior for gauges.  Plus that giant 11 inch tablet in your face?  No thanks.  And that stupid console shifter? Its a friggin truck not a car. Hard pass.  Previous interior is far superior. Thats only a small number of issues with the refresh

Analog and Digital clusters get the same signal from the BCM and ECM so that comment does not fly welcome to the new world. Not everybody likes what you like so move on.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 4/23/2022 at 4:27 PM, Silverado4x4 said:

Analog and Digital clusters get the same signal from the BCM and ECM so that comment does not fly welcome to the new world. Not everybody likes what you like so move on.

I get a signal from my cable to my TV but, if the TV (Gauge Cluster) goes out that signal doesn't do me any good. Because I won't be able to see anything on the TV. I believe that is what he's referring to.

Edited by 2016 Sierra Owner
Spelling

14 minutes ago, 2016 Sierra Owner said:

I get a signal from my cable to my TV but, if the TV (Gauge Cluster) goes out that signal doesn't do me any good. Because I won't be able to see anything on the TV. I believe that is what he's referring to.

And if the module controlling the cluster goes out needles sitting at zero does you no good. Isn't this far fetched?

12 hours ago, mafd2 said:

And if the module controlling the cluster goes out needles sitting at zero does you no good. Isn't this far fetched?

I still do not think he's referring to the gauge module going bad I think he's talking about the screen itself. If the screen goes out you got nothing. However if a single gauge quits (like the oil pressure) I still have all of the gauges functioning correctly. High probability the screen goes out before the gauge does. Yes if the module that controls the gauges goes bad then all of us are in the same predicament.

1 hour ago, 2016 Sierra Owner said:

I still do not think he's referring to the gauge module going bad I think he's talking about the screen itself. If the screen goes out you got nothing. However if a single gauge quits (like the oil pressure) I still have all of the gauges functioning correctly. High probability the screen goes out before the gauge does. Yes if the module that controls the gauges goes bad then all of us are in the same predicament.

I’m curious what proof you’ve got that there is a high probability the screen goes out before a gauge. What makes a screen more susceptible to failure? 

• Thanks 1

On 4/23/2022 at 3:40 PM, Anon12345 said:

The refreshes for both gmc and chevy are hideous and the interior sucks on the refreshes. The old interior is far superior. 

The old interior...better?  Not a single chance.  K2XX had a good interior, GM played it safe on T1 and took the K2 design and made it look cheaper and from cheaper materials.  Their focus groups liked what K2 had in it and they listened to them and they shouldn't have.  T1 should have had the refresh interior from day 1.  

The T1 refresh interior schits on the old T1 interior.  Early T1 is vomit inducing.  My K2 LT interior is better than a T1 interior.  

The exterior on the other hand, the old Custom and Custom TB looks better than the refresh Custom and Custom TB, but that's about where that stops.  They ditched the painted parts up front for cheap black plastic on the grille.  And the Custom lost the painted "CHEVROELT" bar which was a great look. 

All the other trims look better than the priors.  Except RST, I need to see one in person as right now I prefer the old RST. 

Oh, and they still kept the crap halogens becuase they still haven't learned their lesson from the K2 crap headlights from 14-15.  

Edited by newdude
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, Dirk13 said:

I’m curious what proof you’ve got that there is a high probability the screen goes out before a gauge. What makes a screen more susceptible to failure? 

Yea really... That's grasping for straws now.  There's thousands of "what if's". If that's your issue then you shouldn't be driving.  Just stupid and an asinine comment. 

2 hours ago, 2016 Sierra Owner said:

Ahh it's really not worth arguing about. Have a nice day sir!

hmm.. wasn’t meant to be an argument. I genuinely would like to know if there is something. I guess there isn’t anything specific if it can’t be cited. 

We know the history of analog clusters failing, especially GM, but it plagues all makes. Digital cluster is obviously a different design with its own things that may fail. I’m just quite curious how one can be deemed better than the other in respect to reliability.

1 hour ago, Dirk13 said:

We know the history of analog clusters failing, especially GM, but it plagues all makes. Digital cluster is obviously a different design with its own things that may fail. I’m just quite curious how one can be deemed better than the other in respect to reliability.

I'm lost on this history you speak off. Are you talking about the 80's corvettes digital cluster failing ? 

2 hours ago, Dirk13 said:

Mid 2000s GM truck and suv clusters all fail.

I don't remember any GM vehicles having digital clusters in mid 2000s , which ones ? ( i honestly have no idea so this is why I'm asking you ) 

Regardless , you don't think in 15-20 years the engineers didn't make any progress ?  I get your skepticism , its a fair one but to compare something to 15-20 years is not really ideal given how much progress we have made . 

• Like 1