Bose replacements??

13 hours ago, Mike Borowski said:

That guy is a troll.  He rarely knows what he's talking about.

The Bose sounds pretty good for an OEM system.  OP they make a kicker sub that is plug and play for our trucks, I'm sure it fits the 22 too.  It allows the doors to play less bass and cleans them up.  

I like how you claim to think you know more, then you go on to say kicker is good.  Anyone who ever uses kicker knows nothing in the car audio department.  If you want loud, there are far better options.  If you want sq, there is still better options.  Kicker is just pure distortion and very loud at one frequency.  Would not recommend unless you like all sound at one frequency and some sound at others. 

51 minutes ago, Anon12345 said:

I like how you claim to think you know more, then you go on to say kicker is good.  Anyone who ever uses kicker knows nothing in the car audio department.  If you want loud, there are far better options.  If you want sq, there is still better options.  Kicker is just pure distortion and very loud at one frequency.  Would not recommend unless you like all sound at one frequency and some sound at others. 

Dude READ. I said something simple plug and play the kicker sub is decent. And LOUD isn’t the goal for everyone. 

7 hours ago, Anon12345 said:

I would like to see your tests and readings on Kicker being pure distortion. I have had kicker subs and amps in many vehicles and none had distortion at any level. Is kicker a high end speaker? No but is it garbage? Again, no. If you look at Crutchfield, Kicker is some of the most purchased speakers and they get great reviews. Even the stock sub that was mentioned is pretty good. Especially for a truck. Granted, without the DSP that you can get with some kits, it does kill mids. Had it in my 2016 Silverado. Regretted not getting the complete system. But for bass, it hit pretty hard for a single 10".

FWIW

I put the GM Kicker 400 watt setup in my 2018 LT non Bose.

I replaced the door speakers with the KS series 6"x9 and 6.5". Kicker dash speakers also.

The sound was OK but not very loud. 

The Bose in both my 2022 LTDs blows that setup away.

It's not even close. 

10 hours ago, Anon12345 said:

Kicker is good for the money. Anyone who says otherwise is probably just another company fanboy.

2 hours ago, shakenfake said:

Kicker is good for the money. Anyone who says otherwise is probably just another company fanboy.

The only fan boys exist on this website LMAO ive never seen people defend kicker so hard or the 4 banger engines in full size trucks so damn hard. This website is full of fanboys.  And, if you want better than kicker in the same price range, look at morel maximo's for door speakers and sundown audio sa10/12 for subwoofers.  Sound competition winner setup there for kicker price. 

Just now, shakenfake said:

Sundown audio is good but I can never get them in stock anywhere. 

Never heard of Morel Maximo though I will have to check it out.

Down4soundshop.com has sundown in stock all the time.  Also it should be the only place you buy car audio anything from.  Theres a reason you dont see kicker on his website 😉

• Haha 1

On 4/14/2022 at 10:57 PM, Spavao said:

It gets loud and the base is decent but It's muddy and the clarity just isn't there. 

* bass

Not interested in swapping the sub

spacer.png

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Anon12345 said:

The only fan boys exist on this website LMAO ive never seen people defend kicker so hard or the 4 banger engines in full size trucks so damn hard. This website is full of fanboys.  And, if you want better than kicker in the same price range, look at morel maximo's for door speakers and sundown audio sa10/12 for subwoofers.  Sound competition winner setup there for kicker price. 

Most people that buy a truck aren’t looking for competition stuff. AGAIN the kicker sub is easy, plug and play and looks stock. Kicker is a pretty decent OEM replacement regardless of what you say. But judging by your comments about the 2.7 you’re an ignorant redneck kid living in daddy’s shed. 

1 hour ago, Mike Borowski said:

Most people that buy a truck aren’t looking for competition stuff. AGAIN the kicker sub is easy, plug and play and looks stock. Kicker is a pretty decent OEM replacement regardless of what you say. But judging by your comments about the 2.7 you’re an ignorant redneck kid living in daddy’s shed. 

Big words for little man who likes to get people banned because "he posts mean and offensive words!"

The same insult gets old, come up with something original and actually accurate ?

3 hours ago, Rob Mugs said:

Absolutely

2020 LT Trailboss.

Order guide says Bose premium 7 speaker system not available. When I got my '19, I went with tbe RST as Bose premium wasn't available in the LT. First I hear if this. Does your window sticker say Bose?

4 minutes ago, mafd2 said:

Order guide says Bose premium 7 speaker system not available. When I got my '19, I went with tbe RST as Bose premium wasn't available in the LT. First I hear if this. Does your window sticker say Bose?

Its available in LT Trail Boss, not available in LT. Direct from chevy's site. 

Screenshot_20220419-122826_DuckDuckGo.jpg