what engine you chose   

233 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

6.2L Because go big or go home! Of course when I ordered it gas wasn't stupid expensive! I got to order my truck and decided it wasn't too much more to go with the 6.2 over the 5.3 and in the Custom trim the trans was the bigger difference, from the 6 speed with the 5.3 to the 10 speed with the 6.2. The diesel wasn't an option on the Custom TB in 21.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, GETGONE said:

6.2L Because go big or go home! Of course when I ordered it gas wasn't stupid expensive! I got to order my truck and decided it wasn't too much more to go with the 6.2 over the 5.3 and in the Custom trim the trans was the bigger difference, from the 6 speed with the 5.3 to the 10 speed with the 6.2. The diesel wasn't an option on the Custom TB in 21.

enjoy the big v8, those will go away soon, I ordered mine with the 6.2, I can't wait to get it.

7 minutes ago, GETGONE said:

They did away with the E85 when they went from the LS based motor to the LT based motor. My Avalanche is E85 5.3.

from my short research all chevy have e85 tune on their ECU , all you have to do is install a e85 sensor and turn ON the tune with a HP tuner, correct me if I am wrong.

• Like 1

I went with the 5.3L. When I got mine, gas was stupid expensive. In my area, premium is 70 cents higher than regular. Since I commute to work, I didn't want the added costs.

• Thanks 1

6.2.  Dont need the mpg of the 3.0 duramax and dont care for the maintenance costs of a diesel.   The 5.3 is essentially obsolete and an ancient engine, the 6.2 is a beast and its modern tech really shines through.  Im surprised the 5.3 is still produced to this day, honestly, and the 6.2 isnt offered as a standard option with the 3.0 duramax as an optional sidegrade. 

6.2L, love the motor and that extra power!
Now that being said, the 5.3L is a great motor!  Paired with the new 10 speed it truly does everything I need a truck to do. My stepdads just runs very well. All around it averages 23-24 mpgs.  It also gets just as good MPGs pulling my boat. 

He doesn’t have to use premium which is awesome, because right now here in Midwest it’s 80 cents higher.  

@Anon12345 How can you say the 5.3L is ancient? It’s essentially the same as a 6.2L in regards to the technology in both engines? 

I don’t think the V8s are going away just yet! I have heard rumors that a new 5.7L (350) was coming back??  Wouldn’t that get the old blood flowing for use boys!!  Either way GM does need to bump up the power around 40 HP to stay very competitive with everyone else. 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, TNTSilverado said:

6.2L, love the motor and that extra power!
Now that being said, the 5.3L is a great motor!  Paired with the new 10 speed it truly does everything I need a truck to do. My stepdads just runs very well. All around it averages 23-24 mpgs.  It also gets just as good MPGs pulling my boat. 

He doesn’t have to use premium which is awesome, because right now here in Midwest it’s 80 cents higher.  

@Anon12345 How can you say the 5.3L is ancient? It’s essentially the same as a 6.2L in regards to the technology in both engines? 

I don’t think the V8s are going away just yet! I have heard rumors that a new 5.7L (350) was coming back??  Wouldn’t that get the old blood flowing for use boys!!  Either way GM does need to bump up the power around 40 HP to stay very competitive with everyone else. 

The 5.3 is just a slightly improved version of the same 5.3 we have had for years now.  Its the same block and internals with the cast iron bottom end.  Its a pretty ancient engine compared to what the 6.2 offers, especially comparing how the 6.2 has a forged bottom end.  

If the 5.7 comes back that would be interesting!! I would hope forged bottom end with good numbers. 

5.3. Running 87 octane I'm averaging just a tick under 24 MPG on my 58 mile round trip commute and have more than enough power to tow my boat. When the roads are wet and the bed is empty I have to be careful of the back end wanting to come around if I push too hard on the skinny pedal. I don't need any more power than the 5.3 gives me.

Even the crappy gas served up in neighboring Florida doesn't give me any problems. It always seems to be a couple of points under the posted number on the pumps.

2 hours ago, Anon12345 said:

The 5.3 is just a slightly improved version of the same 5.3 we have had for years now.  Its the same block and internals with the cast iron bottom end.  Its a pretty ancient engine compared to what the 6.2 offers, especially comparing how the 6.2 has a forged bottom end.  

If the 5.7 comes back that would be interesting!! I would hope forged bottom end with good numbers. 

I actually can't believe GM killed the chevy 350 one of the best engine ever made.

• Thanks 1