2022 refreshed Silverado ZR2 BLOWN 6.2 ENGINE AT 1K

First off, 30,5XX miles on my 2020 Trail Boss LT 6.2 with no engine problems. 

Secondly, the problem isn't GM, but GM suppliers.  They somehow translate "sharpen your pencils" to mean "lower quality products at the price point GM is willing to pay for".  A lot of suppliers supply more than 1 automotive manufacturer.  One example is Bosch.  GM is honoring the warranty.  The issue is the supplier selling GM inferior products.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

There is zero context or back story in that “video”. Do you even know what was wrong with the engine. Not lifters or they likely wouldn’t be replacing the whole thing.

1 off problems happen to every engine and every manufacturer. Doesn’t mean ******

• Thanks 2

Anybody ever think on how the truck was treated when bought? Did the guy start dogging on it as soon he drove off the dealer lot? I would have alot of questions on how it was treated.

I was down our dealership one time and was talking to the son of the owner he was talking to his managers about an issue with a Colbolt SS that was in the garage he included me on the conservation and ask me to come back and look at the car as it had blown CV axles with only 1200 miles on the car the owner was pissed off that they were not going to cover it under warranty (it was his sons car) as I walked back to look at it the first thing I noticed was bald front tires then the dealerships owners son ask me would I cover it under warranty I told him no way as its abuse.

This is how bad info starts by people dont know the facts before they start spreading this kind of stuff around and the first they want to do is blame the manufacture.

Edited by Silverado4x4
  • Thanks 1

Reminds of a story a friend who is a GM parts tech told me recently.   They got in a newer 21 or Yukon Denali with a blown engine.  The owner was po'd so they started investigating the problem while parts was ordering up a new motor.  Up on the lift someone noticed mud packed up in the recesses. Further investigation found a 1 inch hole straight through the radiator.  Long story short, owners son used Mom's Yukon for HS graduation party, went bushing with it and drove it w/o coolant.   They thought no one would notice?   Enter the insurance company who paid to fix it.

• Like 1

It’s everywhere GMs having problems with their cylinder deactivation engines. All manufacturers have problems. 2014-2018 are the worst years it’s been reported. How they handle the problems is all that matters. Then there’s the 8 speed transmission. Well documented. I still would buy one if I wasn’t retired and trade before the warranty was up. In 40 years I only had one truck leave me stranded. Most of my trucks had at least 1K Lbs in the bed. And had some type of performance improvements. Denying GM has had problems recently is silly they all have their problems. 

• 1 month later...