Door Ajar issue and no Power to rear windows

So my problem started with my right rear door staying ajar, it would happen every now and then and then go away. When it would happen I'm unable to power the rear right window with both switches. Then it started with both rear doors staying ajar and loosing all power to the switches. Then it stayed like that. Recently I've done work on the truck causing me to unplug the battery. now The ajar light is gone but the door switch doesn't register when the both rear doors are open or closed. Not sure what's wrong but I checked each boot and it all seems good. What should I do next?

Edited by rick8723

20 hours ago, MikeBMW said:

Run a scan and look for the usual error codes?

My scanner only scans engine codes. I'm not sure if a scanner will notice that error. Not sure If they make those or not

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, rick8723 said:

My scanner only scans engine codes. I'm not sure if a scanner will notice that error. Not sure If they make those or not

Yes, they do. I have an Autel MaxiSys Elite and it checks every area - BCM, ECU and HMI.
One would have to go to a properly equipped shop for a thorough scan for the extra modules.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, MikeBMW said:

Yes, they do. I have an Autel MaxiSys Elite and it checks every area - BCM, ECU and HMI.
One would have to go to a properly equipped shop for a thorough scan for the extra modules.

Awesome I'll look Into it. So far I ordered a replacement master switch, $80 ac Delco. I believe it to be that because I spilled coffee there twice and I'm a smoker with no rain guards so it gets wet every now and then. If the master switch gave out at the rear window circuit I believe it will also interrupt the door ajar in the back.. since it's the rear window buttons on the master switch,  I think that interrupts the back switches too.

• Like 1