So, it looks like the 1500's will be updated for 2025, any word on the HD's?  Assuming the HD's are usually a year or two behind the 1500's I figure any new HD would be expected around late '26, maybe as a 2027MY.  I know a new generation of LS/LT gas engines are on the way, and there is a new Duramax coming, but I have not heard of anything else.  Also, the Silverado Medium duty trucks may get some changes too.   

The last I heard was that the 25 models have some small changes and have been test built a couple of runs. I believe full change production will come in the next month or so. I wouldnt look for anything major, just some things to tidy up the 24 design. 

The 27's have been rumored to be prototyped for a while now. I believe there will be some serious electrical architecture changes (more $$$) and dependence on subscriptions to the point that Android auto and Apple car play will go away. Aesthetically I havent gotten any info on. My guess (worth what you paid for it) is that the rumored new gas AND the 8.3 Dmax will appear with this roll out. All purely speculative of course. 

1 hour ago, 64BAwagon said:

The last I heard was that the 25 models have some small changes and have been test built a couple of runs. I believe full change production will come in the next month or so. I wouldnt look for anything major, just some things to tidy up the 24 design. 

The 27's have been rumored to be prototyped for a while now. I believe there will be some serious electrical architecture changes (more $$$) and dependence on subscriptions to the point that Android auto and Apple car play will go away. Aesthetically I havent gotten any info on. My guess (worth what you paid for it) is that the rumored new gas AND the 8.3 Dmax will appear with this roll out. All purely speculative of course. 

I’m sure the gas offerings will be further hamstrung by particulate filters by then as well. 

2 hours ago, Pryme said:

I’m sure the gas offerings will be further hamstrung by particulate filters by then as well. 

Yep, the more this emissions BS is announced, the more I'm tempted to stay in my current truck. We'll see how the '24 Dmax holds up.

I am old enough and my vehicles are new enough that I could make them last as long as I will need. Just the fact that I look at things that way is kind of a sad commentary on America. 

4 minutes ago, TripleBGM said:

Please change the gear shifter in front of the screen issue......

If vehicles didn’t have computer sized screens there wouldn’t be an issue haha. My shifters not in the way of my screen. But it’s not the size of a tv either. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, C/K Man said:

So, it looks like the 1500's will be updated for 2025, any word on the HD's?  Assuming the HD's are usually a year or two behind the 1500's I figure any new HD would be expected around late '26, maybe as a 2027MY.  I know a new generation of LS/LT gas engines are on the way, and there is a new Duramax coming, but I have not heard of anything else.  Also, the Silverado Medium duty trucks may get some changes too.   

...the 2025 MY 1500s are unchanged that I know of.  Should be 2026 MY for the 1500s so 2027 MY for HD.  

• Like 1

Particulate filters on gasoline engines will be a non-issue.  Gasoline engines produce far less particulates than diesels, so much so that regeneration on a gasoline engine PM filter should not be perceptible.  Of course adsorber catalysts requiring DEF will not be necessary.  PM filters have been on gasoline engines have been used in Europe for some time.    

5 hours ago, TripleBGM said:

I have the big screen and the shifter is at the bottom of the screen when in Drive. Non issue for me. Click on pic below to see my post on page 37.

Edited by rjgvt

6 hours ago, TripleBGM said:

I love it where it is, like where it's been since about forever. I was on the 1500/2500 fence and that's what threw me firmly to the 2500. The shifter on the console is also a huge waste of space, IMHO.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, C/K Man said:

Particulate filters on gasoline engines will be a non-issue.  Gasoline engines produce far less particulates than diesels, so much so that regeneration on a gasoline engine PM filter should not be perceptible.  Of course adsorber catalysts requiring DEF will not be necessary.  PM filters have been on gasoline engines have been used in Europe for some time.    

If we get GPFs there will likely be some power loss.  Corvette C8 got hit on the Europe spec cars, especially the Z06 which loses almost 40hp.  If we get GPFs this will also signal a transition to Dexos2 or DexosR spec low ash oils like what is currently used in light duty diesels under 8500gvwr and the Corvette/Camaro/CT5-V Blackwing V8s, and those oils run higher on the pricing spectrum.  

This also means added sensors and regens so gas V8s will be about as useless as the current diesels when it comes to emissions problems.  

Edited by newdude
  • Like 2
  • Sad 1

19 hours ago, rjgvt said:

I have the big screen and the shifter is at the bottom of the screen when in Drive. Non issue for me. Click on pic below to see my post on page 37.

Unfortunately not all of us are 6'2".

On 4/12/2024 at 9:24 PM, chwilliams said:

I love it where it is, like where it's been since about forever. I was on the 1500/2500 fence and that's what threw me firmly to the 2500. The shifter on the console is also a huge waste of space, IMHO.

am not a fan of console shifter....had one in a 23 1500.......totally kills the console for space.....only thing worse is a dial shifter 

• Like 1

On 4/12/2024 at 2:06 PM, 64BAwagon said:

I am old enough and my vehicles are new enough that I could make them last as long as I will need. Just the fact that I look at things that way is kind of a sad commentary on America. 

True That!