New Chevrolet CAI installed

@bgweed for me yes, worth the extra $. I paid $445 including shipping. I like the apperance and throaty sound. My motor sounds like a motor now when I step on it. I ordered mine from http://www.shopchevyparts.com/performance/2014-silverado-performance-air-intake-53l-engine-l83/84016022-p-92288777.html

• 1 month later...

I installed mine and love it. Got it at www.shopchevyparts.com fantastic price. Anybody know what the part number or where I can find the filter element? I'd like to get one so I don't have to wait for it to dry before reinstalling after cleaning. KN has one that's pretty close in size but it's an oiled filter, not dry.

• Like 2

I installed mine and love it. Got it at www.shopchevyparts.com fantastic price. Anybody know what the part number or where I can find the filter element? I'd like to get one so I don't have to wait for it to dry before reinstalling after cleaning. KN has one that's pretty close in size but it's an oiled filter, not dry.

I love mine as well, along with the GM Borla dual out the back exhaust! I was going to order from the same place, but I talked my dealer into price matching (almost). Not even close to dealer prices, but cheaper than it would've cost me to order and have it shipped myself. ;)

As for the filter element itself... my dealer told me these were not washable/reusable?

Edited by CueBaller

Just thought I would put this up here since I haven't seen anyone mention it. GM has a new CAI kit for the 5.3 2014/15/16 Silverado's. I just picked one up and put it in this afternoon. Since I wasn't able to find any pics online with one installed, here is what it looks like (and the obligatory before shot). GM says this one does not void your warranty.

That is why I went with the GM one too. I'm not trying to inadvertently void my warranty. I got mine for $362.18 installed at the dealer. Worth it IMO.

Funny though that Chevy and GM call out the same part number but link to different looking CAI.

http://www.gmc.com/vehicles/current-vehicles/2016-sierra/accessories/accessories/_jcr_content/parsys_c1/cnt_acc_catalog_c1/automatic_accessories/cnt_acc_item_c178.layer.html

http://www.chevrolet.com/all-vehicles-nav/trucks-and-vans/2016-silverado-1500/accessories0/accessories/_jcr_content/parsys_c1/cnt_acc_catalog_c1/automatic_accessories/cnt_acc_item_c180.layer.html

Doobs41378 I found the borla muffler used on the exhaust system for my 2014 z71 at borla and paid $130 I think. Had it installed and it's nice. No in cab drone and once I got miles on it, real nice sound. There's one other motor mods I'm planning to do but it won't boost performance. It's an oil catch can from Elite. I just switched my reverse, cargo, & license bulbs for LEDs. I posted them today with before & after pics.

Doobs41378 I found the borla muffler used on the exhaust system for my 2014 z71 at borla and paid $130 I think. Had it installed and it's nice. No in cab drone and once I got miles on it, real nice sound. There's one other motor mods I'm planning to do but it won't boost performance. It's an oil catch can from Elite. I just switched my reverse, cargo, & license bulbs for LEDs. I posted them today with before & after pics.

• 5 months later...

So did anyone figure out how to clean or replace the filter? Did the installation instructions give any info?

I just got my gm intake in the mail. The picture below is the part number on the filter. It's made or sold by AC-DELCO. When I lookup the part number online it shows a rectangular filter though. Not sure why.d81faa0767d2756668e9b5482a8cea83.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk