Siren sound coming from front speaker after starting truck

Whenever I crank up my truck there is a high pitch siren-line sound that comes from the front drivers side speaker. Lasts about 5 seconds then goes away. No errors come up, just makes a sound and goes away. Anyone else had this issue or know what the problem may be?

Sounds like a ground loop, though, those don’t usually go away after 10 seconds. If it doesn’t happen when the engine isn’t running, that’s a pretty good guess.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mine has done this very randomly and only a few times over the last 3 years. It seems to happen only when I open the drivers door and insert the key but not start the truck. Seems to be tied with the startup for the infotainment screen that flashed GMC logo.  

Just what I've observed. Could be way wrong here. These trucks seem to be more difficult to figure out at times than a woman......

• 2 weeks later...

Just got back from the dealership, the sound is made due to some sort of aftermarket device that is wired in to that speaker, has to do with an alarm system.  Guess the person who owned my truck previously had an alarm system and didn't get the whole thing out when trading it in.  Free of charge for them to fix it, just took a while to find out what it was.

Archived