Newbie 2010 Z71 6"BDS 35's (Headers? Tune? Regear?)

MisterC190

2010 Silverado Z71 LTZ. American Racing vs Dynatech for my headers. General tuning information, and should I regear? Will I still have the economy "switch to 4 cylinder" mode if I do reagear? Because I seemed to have lost it after my 35's. What should I do next? Oh yeah I get rub on the wheel well where the washer fluid tank is. Has anyone moved it successfully along with censors? Thanks

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, I'd say post some photos.

Next, I'd say long tube headers and a tune will help get what you lost back. And quite frankly re-gearing wouldn't be a bad choice either. What gears do you have now?

Edit:

And Welcome to the site :thumbs:

Will that kill my high end? I dont know much but i would think that that high a ratio would put me at a higher rpm at highway speed. Id also still like to be able to take advantage of the automatic displacement (coast in 4 cylinder like it used to). I was thinking of going 3.42, with either American Racing or Dynatech headers and a tune all at once. The shop where I installed my lift recomended Fastlane Incorporated in Houstan. So i may drive out there when I have all the parts. Want to do it right the first time and avoid problems. So i appreciate any and all advise.

Ive also had some problems with rubbing on my drivers side in reverse.. I couldnt cut much more of the plastic off the front wheel well without exposing the winshield washer tank. Would you know of a way to relocate it without tripping out my sensors?

Other than that, i like all ive done so far. The only thing that bothers me about the lift is the rubbing and that my fronts stick out about an inch and a half more than the rear.

Thanks everyone. That's exactly the kinda feedback I was hoping for. So 4.10 for the gears. What about headers? I'd like a handheld tuner but everyone I talk to says custom. I heard headers would be a bad idea without a tune. Don't get it tho.

Alot of guys on here have just had the AFM (4cyl mode) disabled with their tunes. There are many threads on the reasons why people do it. I don't have a custom tune or have it disabled. It works just fine for me and hasn't caused me any problems. With your lift and tires, even with a tune the truck may not go into 4-cyl mode that much, which is one of the reasons many people just disable it. Just an option for you, I know you want to keep it/ get it back, but with all your mods I wonder if it will work and or be worth anything. Sorry, it was kinda of a ramble, but just wanted to give you some info/ choices.

Archived