Reliable rear brake shoes?

The rear brake shoes are wearing thin on my 99. New brake shoes are nearly $150 through the dealer (shocked!). With the fronts, I had squeak troubles with other brands and ended up going back to the stock pads, which worked great. But, squeaking isn't as much of an issues with drum brakes (typically).

Have any of you had any trouble using after market shoes on your truck? Any brand that has performed particularly well?

Thanks!

I have a set of front and rear "HAWK" HPS carbon ferro pads that are brand new in the manufacters box, that will fit GM trucks from 1999-2006. I traded my vehicle in for a new model before I could install them.

They are very "low dusting" and very quiet.

I will sell them for $100 shipped anywhere in the continental US

If you are interested e mail me @ [email protected]

SORRY DID NOT SEE YOU HAD DRUM BRAKES IN REAR

post-106620-0-08391000-1331898824_thumb.jpg

Wagner brake pads seem to get a good review. I still have my stock pads on my 02 but will go with Wagner when the time comes.

+1

Wagner Thermoquiets are very good. Good braking material. They should be made to OEM specs. Have always used on Wagner in the past in all my passenger cars and older trucks. No noise and wheels stayed pretty clean.

I have always used napa ultra premium pads, rotors, shoes, which are actually made by Raybestos. They have always stopped great, been quiet, reliable and trouble free. Good pricing and supprt from your local Napa as always. I have tried duralast, wagner, PFC, and a few others, none have been as good as the Napa U.P./Raybestos advanced technology. Check rock auto.com for Raybestos advanced technology first and then call your local napa and ask about the Napa ultra preimum brakes you need, get which ever is cheaper/easier for you.

Archived