2011 1500 Sierra Crew Cab 4X4. Has trailer package, stock height and tires, but just the 4X4 model. Ride is just not quite what I would expect it to be. I go over speed bumps or hit small bumps and it seems like the tires take way too long to get back on the road. I am not hauling butt over them, just cruising and it is no where near as comfortable as the 4X4 Ford or Toyota my buddies have. They can go over them faster/slower and it the rides are smoother. Recommendations on some new shocks that would give me a better ride quality???? Or, are there some other options I might want to explore??? Thanks!

My truck only has 7200 miles in it. Would the tires make a difference with staying on the ground? There is no premature wear.

Their trucks are all stock suspension. I guess the toy has billsteins, whatever the trd edition has. They have stock tires too. Dynapro on the Ford and bfg on Toyota.

Try some new tires first.

FYI; the other brands you mentioned are designed to ride like a car, GM is not.

What suspensions are on their trucks!

Sent from my iPhone4S

using Tapatalk

I don't know if it is the tires, sounds more like it would be shocks. But like BlackZ71 said those trucks are meant to ride smooth. If that is what you are looking for you bought the wrong truck.

I switched my shocks out to Rancho 9000XL which have 9 levels of adjustment. They can make the truck ride like a 70's cadillac and bounce all over the place or ride like a truck. That may be something you are looking for if you want something smoother and softer.

Well, I want it to ride like a truck, but it should ride smooth too. The tores are Goodyear Wrangler A/T. The first time I have ever them. I think that the shocks just plain suck. Like I said, it takes way too long for that tire to get back down to the ground after hitting a bump. My old z71 had a better ride when it came to rougher areas. The rancho shocks were mentioned above, any other suggestions on some good shocks?

I've had the Monroe Reflex's on mine for about 3 years now. Can't complain one bit considering the use AND abuse I put them through. I drive my truck as a truck to wherever I need to go and whatever terrain I need to get me there and they are holding up beautifully, ~30k miles on them right now.

Oh and to get another confirmation, if you've got tire bounce, you've got bad shocks.

Archived