Sierra Denali strut problem

Hey everyone. I have a 2016 Sierra Denali. A while back I opted to do away with the magnaride struts and installed BIlstein 6112s in the front with Cognito UCAs and BIlstein 5100s in the rear, also added Xineering bypass kit to clear the Magnaride errors. I had an issue recently with the stop mount on the drivers side strut blowing out. I contacted BIlstein about it and the rep told me he thought he had been told that the distance between the LCA and where the strut mounts into the truck frame at the top on a magnaride equipped Denali is shorter than a normal Sierra and that it was possible that the strut was too compressed, causing it to push through the top mount. Has anyone ever heard this or experienced this issue? I can’t find anything mentioned about it anywhere. I’m taking the truck in next week to get it fixed but if it’s going to just happen again I am wondering if I need to get different struts all together. 

• 3 weeks later...

I just ordered some of the Arnott SK-3354 struts.  I believe they work on Suburbans, Yukons, Sierra's, and Silverados that have the Magnaride suspension.  From what I understand, they plug right in and work as good or better than the factory struts.  They're also made in the USA whereas the factory ones are made in Mexico.  I'll follow up once I get one installed and see how it rides.