Traded in my 08 Sierra for a 13 Silverado looking for changes...

I traded in my 2008 GMC Sierra on a 2013 Chevy Silverado... I never keep my trucks stock so I am looking for some advice on some upgrades... First, I have always had an exhaust system on every truck I have had. This one will be no different. I am wondering which one is the best cat back, I have been reading up on it and it seems Magnaflow is the best. What is your opinion? I wouldn't mind this helping the MPGs but definitely don't want them to be hurt. I already have an air raid jr. tube that I am going to put on it and I am saving up for a Black Bear... Anything else yall can think of? Also, I was looking into replacing the radio, but I want to keep the Onstar, Bluetooth, and Steering Wheel controls. Someone told me about a radio that looks just like the GM OE nav radio that keeps all this intact but I cant remember what it is called. Below are the specs on both trucks in case you are interested...

2008 GMC Sierra 2wd

4.8l v8

4 spd

3.23 Gears

Custom exhaust from local shop (I wasn't happy with the shop afterwards)

2013 Chevy Silverado 4wd

5.3l v8

6 spd

3.08 Gears

A few members on here have corsa exhaust and love it, I think MBRP is basically corsa exhaust but cheaper in price so you could look into that too.

Oh and yes for the BBP tune, and I believe the radio you are looking for is the OGM1 Adven(t), I'm sure someone will come to correct me on the radio issue.

Any reason you went with 3.08 gears?

Which one is best is going to be personal opinion. I have a GMPP cat-back on my 2008 V-Max and it sounds good..I run an MBRP cat-back on my 5.3L and have been really happy with it since day 1. Great system at a great price, really can't beat it. I have the single/side exit 3", exits bechind the right rear tire.....Check them out.

Which one is best is going to be personal opinion. I have a GMPP cat-back on my 2008 V-Max and it sounds good..I run an MBRP cat-back on my 5.3L and have been really happy with it since day 1. Great system at a great price, really can't beat it. I have the single/side exit 3", exits bechind the right rear tire.....Check them out.

3.08 with the 6 sp is about equivalent to 3.73s on the 4 sp

I have the MBRP on mine. Sounds great. Tame on the highway and let's you know its there at WOT. I think I paid $450 for the cat back. Exhaust, gears, and tune would be a great setup on that truck. The Advent OGM-1 is what a lot of people go with for a stereo. It looks factory and has nav and Bluetooth.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Xparent Red Tapatalk 2

I truthfully just got a great deal on the truck. The 3.08 gears are not a bad choice at all. This thing seems to be getting great gas mileage and it still hauls ass compared to my old 4.8l. I am not looking to set it up as a drag truck or anything, just an everyday driver with some mods that help out. Did you notice any difference in MPGs with the exhaust system? Thank you all!

Archived