TSP stage 3 cam questions

Hey Everybody. I’m about to have my 2014 Silverado AFM deleted with stage 3 cam upgrade, longtube headers, l86 intake, l86 TB, 3200 stall, custom tune. My question- is their other things I must do to go with these upgrades? Truck is 4x4 but will soon be lowered. Driveshaft? New Trans cooler? Bigger oil pump? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance 

* Get Johnson lifters! Not LS7 lifters, 

* CHE trunnion 

* harden 3/8” pushrods

* BTR 660 springs

* trucool 40k 

* thermostat flip mod (for the trans)

* get LT5 throttle body instead of L86. 
* Katech oil pump

* Katech C5R timing chain 

And get V bands for the long tube if you’re buying speed engineering. 

That should do. 

This is the package I’m getting from Texas Speed (pic attached). It does come with LS7 lifters but I’m pretty sure I can update the package and get lifters separately. Are the BTR valves springs better then the .660 polished dual springs that come with this kit? Thanks for all the info. Truck is a daily driver but turning it into more of a toy/daily. 

811D6B8E-2C9C-4051-BF65-A01CD57CAC1D.png

1 hour ago, NicNakPatiWak said:

This is the package I’m getting from Texas Speed (pic attached). It does come with LS7 lifters but I’m pretty sure I can update the package and get lifters separately. Are the BTR valves springs better then the .660 polished dual springs that come with this kit? Thanks for all the info. Truck is a daily driver but turning it into more of a toy/daily. 

811D6B8E-2C9C-4051-BF65-A01CD57CAC1D.png

TSP springs are find. But definitely change the LS7 lifters to Johnson’s. Front main seal I would suggest going with GM. Everything else looks good. If you’re doing the work yourself, REALLY make sure you follow the ARP head bolt instruction. The washers CANNOT turn with the bolts. I sand the bottom (surface that touch the head) of the washers down with like a 120 grit. Mark the washer with a sharpy and make sure it doesn’t turn as you TQ. If you see it move as you are torquing it, back it off and restart it. 

goodluck!

1 hour ago, NicNakPatiWak said:

I’m having all the work done professionally. Just want to make sure I have everything I should do when motor is pulled there won’t be another reason to have to do the work twice. Thanks for all the info CajunFries!!!

NP! 🍻🍻