Going camping in a couple weeks, and we are between campers. Does anyone have success in sleeping comfortably in their truck?

I have laid the rear seats down in our Tahoe before, but I won't be able to take it this time.

I have a crew cab.

Any suggestions would be great.

Dont know where you are, but its supposed to be in the 60s around here this weekend. So, if its warm enough, throw an air mattress in the bed and pitch a tarp above the truck. Ive camped in my truck once It wasnt bad, but I have a camper shell.

Huh.....how tall are you? and you said WE?

I'm 6'4" and no way I'd sleep in the cab. I would throw a tarp over the bed, foam pad/air mattress and stretch out.

I barely fit in the back of my Tahoe, no way in my CC.

They do make tents for the bed of pickups: http://www.target.co...ci_sku=13107489

• 1 month later...

The joys of being short. If I had/wanted to I could just fold down the rear seats and be fine. I used to take naps every now and then in my '73 regular cab spread across the two Lincoln seats and the oddball wood center glove box/console thing.

memorial weekend and fourth of july weekend we meetup in the VOUCHER LINE with hundreds even close to a thousand trucks lined up bumper to bumper.. i had to try to sleep in my drivers seat and a friend in the passenger seat.. it suuuuucked didnt sleep at all and sat in line for 14 hours.. eventually found our other friends in line and sat around drinking beer.. ill definitely be taking the subs out this year for that..

• 4 months later...

hi everyone

when you buy vehicle care about some things which is helpful for sleeping in trucks comfortable .Be sure to get a shell that is raised up above the top of the cab. It’s not so much about the bedroom inside, it’s about the height of the door. It’s much easier to get in and out as well as fitting in road bikes easily, etc.it makes sleeping comfortable.

• 2 years later...

Sleep on the back seat all the time. Thought of removing the set and building a bed to gain more space, back of the seat takes up almost a foot till back of cab.

Carry a -40 sleeping bag. Slept in temps ranging from -30 to 80 without engine running. When it gets cold covering windows holds in heat. I sleep most confortablly in the 30s.

You should never get in a habit of sleeping in the drivers seat. That is the stay awake at all times seat.

Archived