2014+ Leveling Kits

It's not raked as much as it looks in the pic, must have been the way I was holding the camera. Anyway the rear blocks are 2 inch that replace the stock 1 inch blocks.

I really haven't noticed much of a difference mpg. I took it on a trip a few weeks ago and averaged 26 on the hwy. that's with stock tires though. I think I'm going to go with a 275/60/20 vs the 305/55/20, I'm hoping that with the 275's I can keep a narrow footprint and keep my mpg's.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey gentlemen and ladies I'm new to this forum.i have a 2010 crew cab silverado LT.i installed a 2 inch level kit on mine.then took it in for an alignment.everything worked out great I have 33 nitto grapplers on it.only thing I wasn't to happy about was.yes it was higher in front but it still wasn't leveled in my eyes.that was with 1 inch specer on lower strut.so I added a a half in spacer on top of strut and happy days.i did not realign but kept a good eye on tires. So far so good. So those of you installing level kits make sure you get kit with top and bottom spacers. Believe me you will be happy! Yes a little bumpy but we'll worth it.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hey Guys...

Picked up my Sierra last week and absolutely love the truck and everything about it but notice the rear end sits higher than the front and I'm considering installing a levelling kit but have some questions:

1. Will it void my warranty?

2. Will parts wear out prematurely because of the kit?

3. Will it crush the gas mileage?

4. Will the overall ride be affected?

5. Will I need an alignment after?

6. Is it hard to install?, or best left to the pro's..

Seriously appreciate any replies...

Thank you,

Alan

Hey Guys...

Picked up my Sierra last week and absolutely love the truck and everything about it but notice the rear end sits higher than the front and I'm considering installing a levelling kit but have some questions:

1. Will it void my warranty?

2. Will parts wear out prematurely because of the kit?

3. Will it crush the gas mileage?

4. Will the overall ride be affected?

5. Will I need an alignment after?

6. Is it hard to install?, or best left to the pro's..

Seriously appreciate any replies...

Thank you,

Alan

1. Don't think so.

2. Potentially over time. The only thing with grease fittings are the outer tie rod ends. Upper ball joints could see a bit of escalated wear over time, especially if you go more than a 2" level.

3. Minimal on the mileage

4. Don't think so.

5. Yes.

6. If its a leveling system like the Rough Country bottom strut spacer or Ready Lift top strut spacer, the strut does not need to be disassembled. The upper ball joint and maybe the sway bar link have to be moved.

When you level the truck, are you referring to raising the the front to match the rear or raising both. I personally would just like to lower the rear to match the front on mine.

I've thought about removing the 1.5" block from the rear, understanding I'll need new u bolts but I'm not sure that will achieve what I want or if there will be any issues by doing this.

Mike

• Like 2