Adding Aftermarket Sub/Amp

From everything I read you can't upgrade bose systems with any ease. I really wish it didn't come with my all terrain package.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

It's not difficult at all. Here is how I did it:

http://www.gm-trucks.com/forums/index.php?app=core&module=search&do=search&fromMainBar=1

Therein lies the rub ... there's likely a few things we all wish our trucks did or didn't have. When I test-drove a few, there were only a couple of things that were deal-breakers (did not want) and for me, one was that sliding back window. One look in the rear view mirror, and I about had a hissy-fit - those vertical window bars were distracting as hell - no thanks. Secondly, I live in the Chicago area. Where the hell would I ever go off-roading, lol? No Z71 for me, drove one, and hated the rough shocks/suspension. But, I'm sure others love the back window and off-road stuff, we're all different. Ideally, we buy a truck with less stuff on it, then just add what we want. If I choose to replace my 6x9's in the door with Bose speakers, since I'll have the damn door panels off, might as well add the towing mirrors, too. It's fun to think about and do all this stuff, but it is a lot of work, etc.

Tell me about it. I actually like the sliding back window and "z71" logo. Really I liked the all terrain for the seats and interior look plus the color matching bumpers and that it was on the lot and got a good price. But I remember arguing with the dealer saying I didn't care for the higher end 20 inch wheels because most likely I would go after market. We all have our picks and I agree about adding on. But these new trucks don't make it easy to add what didn't come in the first place.

• Like 1

I'm interested in your DIY where is it located?

Here yo go. if you have any questions, just PM me or post them up. Also, I have a bunch of pictures I never uploaded because I could not edit the post

Non-Bose Upgrade

Edited by Ericruiz911

Link comes up with nothing. But I'd be interested.

Interesting. Just search this thread for my user name. That's what I did ...now it doesn't work. I don't know why.

• 4 weeks later...

Guys looking for some help. I have had an extra 10" sub in my 14 for a year and a half and have randomly had thumping, bassy noise from the sub over the last few months and it drives me crazy. Doesn't matter if music is a on it off, but only when it has power. My ground is good and I've tried tracing other wires the best I can but can't find a problem wire. Then the thumping will be gone for weeks, even a month then show up again. Any feedback or experience with this would be great thx

• 4 weeks later...

Guys looking for some help. I have had an extra 10" sub in my 14 for a year and a half and have randomly had thumping, bassy noise from the sub over the last few months and it drives me crazy. Doesn't matter if music is a on it off, but only when it has power. My ground is good and I've tried tracing other wires the best I can but can't find a problem wire. Then the thumping will be gone for weeks, even a month then show up again. Any feedback or experience with this would be great thx

Did you cancel out the Active Noise Canceling System.....you do have a 6.2....

Did you cancel out the Active Noise Canceling System.....you do have a 6.2....

Yea I snipped those wires during initial install. Still haven't figured out why it happens, it can go weeks without doing it then show up again. Loose wire somewhere maybe

Just a thought I've heard little buzz sound one day opening my door,everything is factory 2016 Silverado.I only heard it once,had no power to the truck.Talked to a guy at work had a all stock 2014 had the same buzz sound once and a while,his became a buy back cause of other issues.

The buzz sound can be easily missed not that loud,but with subs I can see them being louder.This issue is around on others too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

i am guessing you have a separate amp and sub box? If so you'll need to use the process of elimination. My suggestion is to disconnect the audio input to the amp and drive around for a while. If you hear no noise...the sound is being generated before the amp and you will work backwards from there. As you stated it may take a while to verify but if you'll need to put in the time if you want to rectify the situation. Again, this is based off the assumption you have a standard amp with a remote turn on etc.

What brand of sub did you install ? I had the Kicker factory option installed in my 16 Denali best thing i ever did the dealer did the install clean and sounds great smooth not harsh. They make a Kicker for yours also

i am guessing you have a separate amp and sub box? If so you'll need to use the process of elimination. My suggestion is to disconnect the audio input to the amp and drive around for a while. If you hear no noise...the sound is being generated before the amp and you will work backwards from there. As you stated it may take a while to verify but if you'll need to put in the time if you want to rectify the situation. Again, this is based off the assumption you have a standard amp with a remote turn on etc.

Correct, I do have a standard amp and separate sub. Also have a LC2 converter to integrate with the Bose.

Sometimes I am able to pull on wires and get the bassy feedback sound to happen, but there are so many wires and in a tight area I can't tell which one moving was causing the sound because the sound doesn't last long. Might be able to do some disconnecting and try and move wires around to see if I can get the noise to come without driving around and waiting on it. It's a fairly loud bass feedback sound, not a little buzz so can't miss it. Thx for the suggestions

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I would like to know if anyone can assist me with the wires on my 2016 Silverado. I have the custom package and 7" radio, no CD player. I am trying to add an amp/sub to my truck. I have read through numerous forums and have only found wiring diagrams that are different from my truck, including non bose systems. I have attached pictures of the wire/plgs behind my radio. I am trying to figure out which wires to splice for the front door speakers to get my signal.

post-165139-0-82238800-1478990358_thumb.jpg

post-165139-0-86276500-1478990365_thumb.jpg

post-165139-0-41170700-1478990401_thumb.jpg