Adding Aftermarket Sub/Amp

Has anyone specifically upgraded just the sub in the factory enclosure? Do not want to lose any of my under seat storage. I have a few 6.5 subs that I have been very impressed with in the past and think with more power and a better sub it could be a great setup.

• 2 months later...

I tapped the existing Bose sub's wiring to provide a signal for an aftermarket amp.

But I did not replace or even touch the factory Bose amp. All the original Bose equipment was left in place and functions normally.

I simply added an additional Fosgate amp & Fosgate 10" sub to give the system more low end.

how did you determine which wires were for your sub? I have a 2016 silverado with bose and on my bose amp under the backseat the wires are a different color than yours in the location you tied into. Maybe mine is different because i have a version without a sub? im not sure if i have a sub or not

post-169400-0-83912000-1487262582_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Do you have a factory amp bolted to the rear of the cab? Curious if the bench seat Bose gets an amp without sub.

how do you determine if you have a sub or not with your bose system? i have a 2016 silverado with bose, ive found the amp but have no clue where a sub would be located

Added a RF P3S-1x10 P3 sub with a RF PBR300x1 amp in a regular cab truck. Sub sits right behind the seats and the amp sits right next to the sub. Tapped the B pillar speakers for the speaker level inputs on the amp. Sounds great, and relatively inexpensive at 300 bucks for the whole deal. If anyone has questions feel free to DM me!

post-164754-0-15571000-1487270858_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Added a RF P3S-1x10 P3 sub with a RF PBR300x1 amp in a regular cab truck. Sub sits right behind the seats and the amp sits right next to the sub. Tapped the B pillar speakers for the speaker level inputs on the amp. Sounds great, and relatively inexpensive at 300 bucks for the whole deal. If anyone has questions feel free to DM me!

Did you run the amp to any other speakers, or just the sub? I have a 14 rcsb and no one makes a kit that they say fits. I contacted Kicker already... I installed kicker 40CS6934 6x9 3-way, and still have the 40CS44 4'' 2-way speakers to install. I ask because with my factory radio I cannot hear out of the rear speakers and wasnt sure where to tap in. I thought about tapping in with a LOC behind the radio and running RCA to the rear... can you still fold up the center consul?

Does anyone know the wires for the bose front door speakers without a console, I am guessing those are the best ones to tap into for adding a Sub.

how did you determine which wires were for your sub? I have a 2016 silverado with bose and on my bose amp under the backseat the wires are a different color than yours in the location you tied into. Maybe mine is different because i have a version without a sub? im not sure if i have a sub or not

attachicon.gifIMG_1231.JPG

so i dont have a factory sub for my bose. i ended up tapping into my front door speakers for my line out converter. everything works except for my front door speakers lol. sub hits hard but those front door speakers sound super muffled. i also tried messing with the settings on my amp and nothing fixed it.

I wonder if anyone has put an RTA on the stock signals. I can only imagine that the Bose system has some form of DSP going on. I am imagining the the sub signal most are taping is limited, more than likely a subsonic filter and probably a pretty low xover point so tapping that would probably limit the upper bass fz in the aftermarket subs. I saw a post in this thread where someone mentioned the rear signals were not all that clean. Taping the front would pick up the chime and any voices that come through the system. I don't care how high pitched the chime and clicker may be some of that will transmit to the sub channel. I'm just trying to figure out which channels to tap for the cleanest signal without getting into signal summing. I'm thinking for a sub the rear L+R would be the best using an Lc2i.

Edited by Jdkno

• 2 weeks later...

I pulled 4ga through the grommet on drivers side it wasn't easy by any means. I unscrewed the relay box from the inside of the cab which roped a bit that and lots of lube!!!

If anyone is looking for a great sub I just bought a JL Audio 10 TW3 2 ohm wedge box. It fit under the seat tucks back in and you can't even see it's there. It's a great sounding sub. JL has rewritten the book on shallow mount subs. I have it on a little 5 Chanel alpine amp that 60x4 and 350 rms to the sub. No need for a custom box I could fit 3 of these subs under my rear seat, but 1 is enough to shake everything in my truck to the point you can't see out the rear view mirror. Very happy.

While I'm talking up JL I'm loving my 6.5 C5 components there so smooth. I chose them over focal poly glass and I'm enjoying them!

IS that in a double cab or crew? Thinking about doing the same thing in my double

• 3 weeks later...

Does anyone know the wire colors for the rear speakers, Bose w/sub? Also can the rear speakers wires be tapped at the Bose amp?

If you have the RPO UQA, this is the wire diagram, BOSE w/sub. I'm in the process of adding a sub to my 2017 Silverado DC, and I'm going to tap into the Sub -/+, and will try it with/without an LOC(LC2i).

RPO UQA BOSE w/Sub speaker diagram

Sub wires on BOSE amp

Edited by jpinoy
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...