2014 Silverado/Sierra Tips and Tricks

Try this, not sure exactly if it works, I haven't tried it with a trailer yet.

Go into "Settings" on the big screen, scroll down click on "Vehicle", then click on "Collision / Detection System", then click on "Park Assist".

Once you are into "Park Assist", there is an "OFF", "ON", and an "ON With Towbar Attached". Might try that last one and see how it works? I'm sure you will have to light up the "P" switch on the dash / console as well.

I tried it. For me it disabled the rear parking sensors :/ of course it could've been because of how large my hitch was. It's a 4 position adjustable solid steel hitch with a built in step up. Thing weighed 45.3 lbs. it was 45.7 but I used my grinder to take off all the rust so I could repaint it with truck bed liner from Home Depot haha. I decided I would switch to a smaller, more reasonable hitch, and since I did that my rear sensors and park assist work properly now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Its an option of Vehicle Personalization under Comfort and Convenience. For more info see page 5-44 and 5-45 of the Silverado Owners Manual for Reverse Tilt Mirror.

I hope I've this option... Can't wait to check after work

I hope I've this option... Can't wait to check after work

The auto-tilt works well. Helps when backing next to a curb or into a parking space.

The only downside to the auto tilt that I've noticed is when you're trying to use your mirrors to back up a trailer. It makes it pretty difficult to look as far back as you need to. It's easy enough to turn off if you know you'll be towing something, though, so I'd still say it's a nice feature!

The only downside to the auto tilt that I've noticed is when you're trying to use your mirrors to back up a trailer. It makes it pretty difficult to look as far back as you need to. It's easy enough to turn off if you know you'll be towing something, though, so I'd still say it's a nice feature!

I agree... turn feature off for backing a trailer.

I drive many customer cars and trucks everyday. Curbview mirrors are the worst invention ever IMO. I need to see behind , not the ground.

Edited by tbarn
  • Like 1

I had the curb tilt in my 2005 and loved it. but you could actually adjust how far it would tilt. I would always have the passenger side get lower for lines and curbs and the driver side I kept higher.
in the new models they took away the option to adjust it and gave it a pre set amount of tilt. Wish my tow mirrors had that function on the new one

Anyone know any true tricks for the screen on the sierra? Can we change icons or anything?

I'd be interested in adding more apps and/or modifying the icons/appearance also.

it's too bad they didn't do something with the windows. I would have love for them to come down or up with remote. My girls car does all that and I can't get her to stop clowning me on it. lol

sounds like you need to put her in her place! lmfao j/k what car does she have if you don't mind sharing I think various aftermarket alarms will add that feature

Wish LT's had the curb tilt, the factory convex mirror isn't enough to see parking lines and adding another just looks like trash. I didn't realize these radios have 60 presets! (swipe 5 upward for 15, swipe 15 left or right for additional pages of 15)