2014 Silverado/Sierra Tips and Tricks

Sounds like you need to trade it in on a Ford then.

No no no no, lol.....just traded in mine :rant: . The Ecoboost is one hell of an engine....it's also one heck of a headache, too!!!

Ford Corporation :M16: ....they really suck in customer service ATM.

Edited by 14'SilveradoLT
  • Like 1

metarave.jpg The "U" shaped piece with the Cadillac logo on it.

I am thinking that will help deaden the direct injection pump noise a bit too. GOT TO HAVE ONE anybody that finds out where to get one with a GMC emblem on it please let me know.

I am thinking that will help deaden the direct injection pump noise a bit too. GOT TO HAVE ONE anybody that finds out where to get one with a GMC emblem on it please let me know.

Circle looks to almost be the size of a center cap. Might work!

Okay so maybe someone already mentioned it and I overlooked it. But i got my truck a little over a month ago and since I brought it home from the dealer (which is over 2 hours away so I don't want to run back there and see if they can help), my 'favorites' tab was always up. It made switching between favorites much easier than having to press the lift button and then be able to pick my station. Well about a week ago while driving, a friend wanted to make a call and used the touchscreen instead of her phone. Neither of us are sure why but now I can't get the 'favorites' page to stay up. I just want the single row to show up like it was but I can't figure out how. Anyone ave any idea?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Appreciate the video!!!! I just went out and checked and went to vehicle>comfort and convenience> The only thing that is in there is to turn down the chime volume....I find that weird that everyone else has that...Could it be my computer software for it hasn't been updated??? You have an onstar icon weather icon and Pandora icon...I have none of these....

Again though I do have the option of folding them in by pushing the button on my door before I get out....

I also just checked mine, and i only have the chime volume also! I tried the other menus. Is you truck an SLT, i notice you have a weather icon, i do not have weather or Nav! My truck is also an All terrain with the SLT package, so i wonder if that makes a difference!! any thoughts!

How do I make the radio stations say the NAME of the station (as with XM). It just shows 'XM 34' or whatever....will it do it automatically or must I manually type in each name? Sent from my DROID RAZR HD

Mine shows the station (i.e., classic rewind, big hair bands, the blend) shows the artist, song title, pretty nice and it does it automatically.

Okay so maybe someone already mentioned it and I overlooked it. But i got my truck a little over a month ago and since I brought it home from the dealer (which is over 2 hours away so I don't want to run back there and see if they can help), my 'favorites' tab was always up. It made switching between favorites much easier than having to press the lift button and then be able to pick my station. Well about a week ago while driving, a friend wanted to make a call and used the touchscreen instead of her phone. Neither of us are sure why but now I can't get the 'favorites' page to stay up. I just want the single row to show up like it was but I can't figure out how. Anyone ave any idea?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Here is another thread that addresses this: http://www.gm-trucks.com/forums/topic/158558-favorites-not-showing-on-mylink-display/?hl=favorites

Basically, if you go in and reset to default, it will fix it. You do not have to completely clear MyLink, just the settings.

No no no no, lol.....just traded in mine :rant: . The Ecoboost is one hell of an engine....it's also one heck of a headache, too!!!

Ford Corporation :M16: ....they really suck in customer service ATM.

No no no no, lol.....just traded in mine :rant: . The Ecoboost is one hell of an engine....it's also one heck of a headache, too!!! Ford Corporation :M16: ....they really suck in customer service ATM.

Wife traded 2013 Mustang GT Convertible Premium (Loaded) after so many dealer and quality issues. Still have 1967 GT but won't be buying Ford again. I have always had Sierras (90 gt stepside, 99 z71, 07 in sig) and told her if she wanted a reliable vehicle get a Sierra. She traded a loaded 07 AWD LTZ Tahoe for that mustang...big mistake.

For those that have factory Navigation, what color is the truck on your display? My truck is cream white like my White Diamond truck. Does your nav truck color match your truck? Or are they all white?

I meant to ask this as well. My summit white has a white truck in nav.