2014 Silverado/Sierra Tips and Tricks

I didn't read all the way through to see if this it's been mentioned, but I found this feature by accident.

In my 2010 the auto door locks locked the doors and a passenger is locked in unless you either unlock the door or put the truck in park. In my 2014 you can pull the door handle twice to unlock and open the door.

I didn't read all the way through to see if this it's been mentioned, but I found this feature by accident.

In my 2010 the auto door locks locked the doors and a passenger is locked in unless you either unlock the door or put the truck in park. In my 2014 you can pull the door handle twice to unlock and open the door.

it's been mentioned, but doesn't hurt to mention it again in case somebody missed it.

2014 LTZ... I can't seem to find where the "auto-tilt" mirror feature is. Anyone help me locate the proper screen? Or maybe I don't have that feature... thanks.

Its an option of Vehicle Personalization under Comfort and Convenience. For more info see page 5-44 and 5-45 of the Silverado Owners Manual for Reverse Tilt Mirror.

• Like 1

Its an option of Vehicle Personalization under Comfort and Convenience. For more info see page 5-44 and 5-45 of the Silverado Owners Manual for Reverse Tilt Mirror.

Your truck has to be on to access this setting

I just set it up. Works perfectly. Thanks for your help....

Edited by Luster

20% is crazy. If anyone goes that long then they need to check their oil level periodically once it goes below 50%. My 09 Suburban was at 37% when I sold it to my wifes uncle with 70k on it. I had told him it needed an oil change and that I would do it. He said not to worry about it and that he would get it taken care of. He then proceeded to drive it for a week and put 1,000 miles on it....until the CEL came on. I hooked my scan gauge up to it.....low Oil Pressure. Checked the level. Yeah, had to add 4 quarts to get the level up.

Lesson learned, don't trust the oil life meter.

The oil life indicator does not monitor or measure anything with the oil. It is a complex algorithm that takes engine data and predicts the life expectancy of the oil.

Check engine light will monitor the level.

Good info:

http://assets.cobaltnitra.com/teams/repository/export/975/c7820afba1004895010145efa6b30/975c7820afba1004895010145efa6b30.pdf

Yeah hate to say it but that 09 Suburban is consuming oil, and lots of it. It will probably need a new engine at some point.......

Yeah that oil burning sounds really familiar my 09 Sierra 5.3 was a vicious oil burner I kept a gallon of mobile1 in the tool box at all times. Fingers crossed on this 14 Sierra 5.3 so far so good at 8k but maybe that is why they made it hold 8.8 quarts instead of 6 like the older models?????????????????

Do your mirrors tilt down far enough? My 2007 tilted down way more and I could see the rear tire and how close it is to the curb. It won't go down enough on the 2014.

Yes, it was just about perfect for me. They are tilted just behind the rear tires. It probably has a little to do with how you have your seat adjusted. If the seat is moved back the range of the mirrors is less, moved forward = more.

Edited by Luster

If you like the look of the clock, you can get it while the unit is on & playing music or giving you nav voice prompts.

All you have to do is touch the time display in the upper right hand corner and the screen changes to the clock... Though, on mine at least, it still shows a digital display which takes away - why have the watch face & a digital display. Oh well.

Any way to leave the clock as the default display?

Does anyone know if there is a way to get the rear parking sensors to adapt and still work even when you have a trailer hitch equipped

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Try this, not sure exactly if it works, I haven't tried it with a trailer yet.

Go into "Settings" on the big screen, scroll down click on "Vehicle", then click on "Collision / Detection System", then click on "Park Assist".

Once you are into "Park Assist", there is an "OFF", "ON", and an "ON With Towbar Attached". Might try that last one and see how it works? I'm sure you will have to light up the "P" switch on the dash / console as well.

Edited by Ventilator
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...